BAFF, whatever happened to them?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I signed up last year and they were quick enough to take the money from my credit card but I never received so much as an email in acknowledgement. Are they still going or was it all stillborn?
  2. Did you not get the natty, 'Founder Member' certificate through the post?

There is a sub-forum on RumRation which is dedicated to the workings of the BAFF, and Hackle is still around and posting - he was on yesterday, or Fri, I think.

PM me please with your name and svc number and I'll check it out with admin. Of course you should have got an acknowledgement - and 'natty founder member certificate'. Sorry.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

PM sent. No big deal I just hadn't heard anything and thought perhaps it didn't get going in the end.
  5. PM recd & actioned.
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Nothing happening there.
  7. Made a decision not to join BAFF until I can see credible proof that they are making a difference. It would be nice to hear if this is the case or is it so quiet in the armed forces at the moment that they are struggling to find stuff to do? Please forgive the cynicism but they are exceptionally quiet.
  8. It seems that BAFF has been removed from ArmyNET. Is there a particular reason, hackle?
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I think that you will find from their web site that one or two individuals are working hard on various initiatives. As to its overall effectiveness, only time will tell.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think its worth risking 30 quid to have an voice don't you?
  11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

That could be because the whole site has changed and we could be looking in the wrong place.
  12. I agree with the sentiment of your point, but it is yet to be seen if BAFF have a voice. Once I can see that there is a benefit to be gained from joining this organisation, I'll think about having a punt on them. The RBL seem to have more teeth at the moment and to be honest, as it stands, at least my money would spent helping those in need and not funding a toothless tiger. I haven't seen one initiative from BAFF (yet) and look forward to seeing where the organisation will end up.

Edited to add the linky and apologise for not researching before spouting off.

Still don't think that they are up to much at the moment though
  13. not knocking BAFF at all, but there was this initial flurry of activity and flag waving followed by nothing. Apart from the occassional comment on something in the news I cant find a 'voice' that makes £30 worth of difference at the minute.

Its a great idea and I think we all expected great things very quickly but I can also understand BPS666 in his reasoning on keeping his hard earned cash in his pocket at the moment, what exactly would he get for £30 a year?

Sorry to be negative but even your goodself (Ord_Sgt), a paid up member, didnt know if the organisation still existed.
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

All fair comments FF. I have little to gain as a member personally being ex now, but I am an optimist and hope it does become successful for those still serving.
  15. I emailed the BAFF about an issue and never even recieved an acknowledgement that my email had been received. I agree with FF, I have seen very little from BAFF apart from comments. I thought this was supposed to be akin to the Police Federation with local reps one can contact about issues. I personally would be glad to get more involved on a local level, but at the moment I can't see anything to be involved in.