BAFF Website Issues !

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by DesktopCommando, Aug 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help with gaining access to the registration page of the website, I know that the webpage has been down for an age before hand and now seems to back up.

Is this organisation actually in use ? or has it fallen by the wayside ?

http://www.baff.org.uk/user-profile/registers

2. The organisation still exists - Hackle is proof enough of it. I've been trying to pay them my £20 for months now. Last heard from membership sec (Les) in May (!) - saying "wait one". Still waiting ... (and yes, I have tried hasteners).

3. Oddly enough, I'm experiencing some difficulties with registration too, and this evening I find that the BAFF website has disappeared into the ether.

Hackle?

Before you say "PM", hackle has been heckled by me via PM for a couple of nights, without response, and yes, I know it's an old thread.

4. http://www.baff.org.uk/

This site is down for maintenance.
    Please check back again tomorrow

Good job there's a crab here to look after you

5. Well, it's better than the 404 I was getting earlier. Thanks anyway.

6. You're welcome, I forgot the feckin' smiley anyhoo

7. Have one of mine.

:)

(I don't care what anyone else says about you; I think you're alright.)

8. HHH

HHH LE

It's working now.

9. Thank you. I checked not 10 minutes ago and it was stil a WIP. Perhaps they employ the same bloke as me to do their upgrades!

Now all I need is for someone from the BAFF front-office to answer my emails... :)

Edited to add; clearly their IT bod has work to do, as the pages linked from the Home Page are still 404'd.

10. HHH

HHH LE

Yes I see what you mean the home page is there but not any links from it.

11. While website is now working, there seems to be something of a backlog of emails as I'm still waiting for an answer to several enquiries.

12. I posted this as a new thread but its worth repeating here..

"BAFF (Independent professional staff association - - British Armed Forces Federation | BAFF,) is offering discounted membership of just £5.00. If you haven't looked at the website before, or for a while, its worth a look. I think this organisation and what it can achieve is very unique and certainly worth supporting."

The interesting thing is the proposed membership of Euromil - a quick google seems to confirm that this can only be a good thing, and the BAFF AGM is in on Sat 28 Sept at the UJ Club

Lorax