BAFF on front page of news.bbc c0.uk

Notice that the Beeb didn't want to abiviate Army Rumour Service or indeed to link to us :)

linemanloz said:
Notice that the Beeb didn't want to abiviate Army Rumour Service or indeed to link to us :)

They have used the abbreviated version HERE.

The internet provides one answer: it's called the British Army Rumour Service and it calls itself 'THE unofficial British Army community website'. It attracts tens of thousands of users - who know it affectionately by the acronym - ARRSE.
Awesome! Fame at last! LOL

:D :D :D

There was a full half hour programme on 1100 Radio 4 Saturday the first 10 minutes about ARRSE with a "founder" being interviewed incognito and another interview with Forces Sweetheart. Then followed a discussion abour Baff with various talking suits. I may be missing something but I should have thought that there would have been a thread about it?

growler said:
There was a full half hour programme on 1100 Radio 4 Saturday the first 10 minutes about ARRSE with a "founder" being interviewed incognito and another interview with Forces Sweetheart. Then followed a discussion abour Baff with various talking suits. I may be missing something but I should have thought that there would have been a thread about it?

And then there was light ...

BAFF in radio 4 16/9/06

And then even more light!...

BAFF on radio5live 17/9/06

Having read all that now, I'm particularly jarred off about this bit:
The new federation has not gained the backing of Tory MP Andrew Robathan, a former officer in the Coldstream Guards.

"I am generally not keen on such an organisation," he said.

"Any concerns should be looked at by the chain of command and politicians. I would rather re-establish the trust [of servicemen and women] from below."
It's because this shite system wasn't working in the first place that BAFF was created.
Still, this geezer was a "hossifer" in the Coldstreams, so I suppose it was only to be expected! :D :D :D

MsG