BAE woos children for recruits

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Don't you just love journos? A good article until he gets emotive. WMD = planes and ships.... Uneducated git.

All I'll say is well done to BAe for trying to get kids interested in engineering in general, a skill set we need to preserve as a nation.

From The Torygraph

2. Its not a skill set we need to preserve, its a skill set we need to regrow.

Quality engineers in the UK have been on the decrease as less people are taking Engineering degrees and other engineering based qualifications. We need to encourage more people to get into engineering or we could lose a whole chunk of capability in the future!

3. This is hardly news. It was part of the companies public affairs programme when I left it in the early to mid nineties. It is a thoroughly excellent initiative and an example of one of the reasons why it is difficult to decide whether BAE are pants or top!!
  4. Are there not laws regarding the wooing of nine year olds?

And embracing missiles sounds rather dangerous to me.
  5. Once again, journos miss the big picture.

Whilst it may be poo-poo in the left leaning middle classes to be associated with the defence industry, do they fail to see the advances in every day life that have been brought about by the research carried out for the defence industry?

The computer
    The internet
    Emergency medical care
    Industrial manufacturing
    Air travel

The list goes on...
  6. I had nearly twenty years in the defence industry. I sleep nights and my children are fed. Moreover, with the exception of my taste in fat birds, predilection for snuff and over-enjoyment of malt whiskies, I would argue I am a moral man.

Liberals are the price you pay for having an effective defence culture.
  7. Cuddles wrote
    Hands across the sea brother!
  8. Hear hear. Well said that man.

I think they sometimes forget they have the luxury of being able to be "liberal" because people have fought and died for it.

Its planes, tanks, troops and nuclear deterents that keep their freedom of speech alive.

9. Top class!

I am also liberating that as my new sig :thumleft:
  10. SNUFF? SNUFF! jebus wept we're applauding the mans love of killing wimmin on screen