badges to be sewn on 95s at 208 field hosp

i am enquiring where the badges have to be attached
ie distance down the arms to be ensured i don't bodge them
pls can you advise which go on lightwieght jacket and which go on fieldjacket

al_5780 said:
i am enquiring where the badges have to be attached
ie distance down the arms to be ensured i don't bodge them
pls can you advise which go on lightwieght jacket and which go on fieldjacket

sorry, there's a fog over me crystal balls!!

If you mean TRFs - Tactical Recognition Flashes, sorry must speak slowly and not use big words - the little bits of clothe that look like stable belt material?????

the centre of the TRF should be 12cm from the shoulder seam at the TOP of your sleeve

the question is on behalf of someone else and yes TRF etc
as you can probably tell i repair mess tins
as thats your stereotype of us logistic types but one of your flock has a question so help would be great but sarcasm is also welcomed

al_5780 said:
the question is on behalf of someone else and yes TRF etc
as you can probably tell i repair mess tins
as thats your stereotype of us logistic types but one of your flock has a question so help would be great but sarcasm is also welcomed

al,

your question was 'vague' to say the least - didnt know whether you where on about Div flashes, wings, TRFs etc. I was just taking an educated guess as TRFs are the latest must haves

and hey

this is ARRSE so sarcasm is a main course not a side order

enjoy :thumright:

god I talk some bollox!

As a fellow 208 Fd. Hosp. person, it's 12cm from seam to centre of TRF on the right sleeve according to RSM and QM. Unless you were frantically trying to do them in time for Mobex yesterday!

psychobabble said:
As a fellow 208 Fd. Hosp. person, it's 12cm from seam to centre of TRF on the right sleeve according to RSM and QM. Unless you were frantically trying to do them in time for Mobex yesterday!
FFS and I thought I was daft...

... didnt i just say that??? chuffin basket weavers!

silly ? these TRF,s i am HCA badged as QA are they the same as the RGN QA,s because i am still waiting for mine to be issued. ive made enquiries on when they will be issued but so far ive been told by one one senior rank that they had run out of the QA flashes which is fair enough and tonight when i enquired again to another senior rank some 4 weeks later i was told i would get them when i qualify. which puzzled me because all the other recruits in my group have all been issued flashes and when i pointed out that my mate had been issued them and is also a recruit it was said we must have run out on them, what im wondering is because im HCA and their are not many of us in the unit that they may find it difficult to get hold of them if ours are differant to the ones issued to RGN,s. thing is i don't fancy being pulled up by the RSM if im not wearing the flashes when in his xmas address he told us we must wear them.

TRFs are not a qualified/ trainee thing, it denotes your Corps or Arm, that is all. And the SNCO that said that needs a slap :pissedoff:

At the moment, the AMS is having problems in the supply because they never planned for how many was really needed and so some units have none! (mine!)

You'll get yours........eventually. :meditate:

you can get any AMS TRFs from the museum, 60p a go. They take telephone orders but bear in mind the P&P cost, it wouldnt be worth it unless you were ordering a shed load (to sell on!)
(5 months DL? Ive got 9 minus all that lovely terminal, resettlement and normal leave!)

I got my 2 TRF's issued the other week, and what charming little numbers they are!

F_F when you say museum, which one sorry? As I need about two more. Or I could just use velco I suppose...

healer said:
I got my 2 TRF's issued the other week, and what charming little numbers they are!

F_F when you say museum, which one sorry? As I need about two more. Or I could just use velco I suppose...
I use velcro too but I tend to prefer.......oh velcro for the TRFs :shakefist: thought you meant something else..........