Badges on 2’s from previous corps

All that blood, sweat and tears and you can't sport the badge?

Bugger.
It's a moot point anyway. AR may be issued No.2s (or FAD) but there's sod all chance that they'll ever wear them. 38 years and I never wore mine. Nor did I ever bother to even get rank badges sewn on the jacket.

No. You are confusing two things. R SIGNALS do not wear crossed flags, because it's somewhat inherent in the capbadge.

What you are really asking, is "does my regular R SIGNALS career qualify me as a B3 RLC Rad Op, who gets crossed flags to indicate his trade?" - the answer to which is no. You have to pass at least the training objectives for the trade. I've no idea what the RLC equivalent of a YofS is, but I should think your squadron "YofS" or Trg WO could grant the trade qualification after a suitable set of exams and practical though.

It's like an ex-regular Sapper going to an infantry unit and asking if he can wear the Assault Pioneer badge. No, he can't.

Non-trade related badges like PTI, SAA Instr, parachutist, pilot, Army 100 etc do transfer, because they are not specific to the Corps/Regiment awarding them. I don't imagine a Class 1 Tank Transporter wallah can wear his badge in a R SIGNALS unit either (if they even still award/wear the badge).

See the Master Signaller or whatever he's called.

Have to agree and add.

As Sigs Attached to R.A. Way back when so I suppose all the Army has the “same” Signals training these days?

The RA voice procedure was different to the then Signals voice procedure. This was working with them before going to Canada in 84/85. Not just the specific RA taskings and fire orders/ missions but other radio procedures.

Which we found strange .

As a sapper signaller working next to the R SIGNALS TDT I was once asked by the Corps Yeoman/Foreman (can't remember which, but one of those miscellaneous warrant officer appointments that inhabit the HQ) what the equivalent of a YoS would be in the sappers, apparently 'a corporal' wasn't the input he expected!

P.S. I know, I've posted this before somewhere else, but it made us 'proper' warrant officers chuckle.

Some badges can prove detrimental & result in the wearers being rubber-dicked to carry out all-arms responsibilities because, according to Ruperts; 'That's what they<insert badge> do!' Inf Assault Pioneers for example being saddled with erecting tentage by the dozen for annual SAA meetings with no more training than anyone else re putting the bloody things up unless they were in the 'Q' world.

I removed all badges upon entering the mess and later transferred to a Corps. By the time I did my drill course I was on my 3rd cap badge and a W011. On day one myself and a fellow student/W011 from my old regiment were called before the AADW RSM to see which of us would be saddled as PMC/course senior-One was bristling with badges inc Brecon & Detol (AA Cdo) & the other sporting F All....

"What trade are you?" asked the RSM.
"A Chef" said I, lying through my teeth & even backed it up by donning cooks whites and a frying some eggs just in time to be seen in the mess kitchen at breakfast the following morning....

My mate was saddled like a horse & I had an easy course.

By the last week the DS had rumbled that I wasn't a slop-jockey and that the pair of us had been in the same Regt for years ;)

A student on a drill course finds and wears slop jockey rig, wanders into the kitchen unchallenged and starts knocking up scran?

Bollocks.

Some badges can prove detrimental & result in the wearers being rubber-dicked to carry out all-arms responsibilities because, according to Ruperts; 'That's what they<insert badge> do!' Inf Assault Pioneers for example being saddled with erecting tentage by the dozen for annual SAA meetings with no more training than anyone else re putting the bloody things up unless they were in the 'Q' world.

I removed all badges upon entering the mess and later transferred to a Corps. By the time I did my drill course I was on my 3rd cap badge and a W011. On day one myself and a fellow student/W011 from my old regiment were called before the AADW RSM to see which of us would be saddled as PMC/course senior-One was bristling with badges inc Brecon & Detol (AA Cdo) & the other sporting F All....

"A Chef" said I, lying through my teeth & even backed it up by donning cooks whites and a frying some eggs just in time to be seen in the mess kitchen at breakfast the following morning....

By the last week the DS had rumbled that I wasn't a slop-jockey and that the pair of us had been in the same Regt for years ;)

O Bullshit rating, wherefore art thou in our hour of need?

It was really painful reading "donating" instead of "denoting" all those times.

Bugsy?

I didn't wander in, I ARRANGED TO GO IN and was only there long enough to be seen by my intended audience (10 mins or so).......3x DS through the glass in the door! It's called doing your homework and went down very well at the AADW despite all that H & S guff that was already creeping in.

Bollocks my ARRSE! :(

You're full of shit.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT

**** me, a WO11. That's got to be higher than the Army Sergeant Major.

Did the course qualify you for WO12?

There are a couple bits that raise an eyebrow here.

1. Even if he actually WAS a WO2 chef, WTF was he doing actually cooking? Surely ACC/RLC WO Chefs manage the cookhouse/mess. Otherwise, why bother to promote them beyond corporal, if all you need is an egg op?
2. If as a R SIGNALS trade instructor, I saw one of my transferee students behind the hotplate, when he was at my School to become a Scaley, I'd be saying something like "Davis, WTF are you doing? You are supposed to be in my classroom in an hour's time."
3. Which person are you most likely to get away with lying to? a) some random lancejack b) a monkey fullscrew c) a Guards RSM in Pirbright, when you're a student on his Drill course?

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
There are a couple bits that raise an eyebrow here.

1. Even if he actually WAS a WO2 chef, WTF was he doing actually cooking? Surely ACC/RLC WO Chefs manage the cookhouse/mess. Otherwise, why bother to promote them beyond corporal, if all you need is an egg op?
2. If as a R SIGNALS trade instructor, I saw one of my transferee students behind the hotplate, when he was at my School to become a Scaley, I'd be saying something like "Davis, WTF are you doing? You are supposed to be in my classroom in an hour's time."
3. Which person are you most likely to get away with lying to? a) some random lancejack b) a monkey fullscrew c) a Guards RSM in Pirbright, when you're a student on his Drill course?

Are you insinuating that this gentleman's incredible story may not meet ISO9001 Quality Standards?

Are you implying that the individual may have in fact embellished the story to make himself appear more important/funnier/cooler than he actually is?

Furthermore, are you doubting the veracity of this chaps tale, and are actually calling him a "Big Fat Billy Bullshitter" ?

I hope he's not trying for Pants O'Flames title - he's going to have to come out with some serious fibs to even hope to compete with the resident site bullshitter.

MB