BADGES? BADGES? I NO NEED NO SINKING BADGES!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jockster, Feb 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BIG THANK YOU YET AGAIN TO EVERYBODY IN THE HIGHEST REACHES OF THIS FANTASTIC ORGANISATION WE WORK FOR, FOR P*SSING DOWN ON THE LITTLE MAN. JUST BEEN TOLD I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR MY NEW BRIGADE FLASHES YET AGAIN, ALL 5 FOR THE PRICE OF A COOL TENNER, CHEERS TWATS. THE MONEYS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT HE FACT YOU JUST EXCEPT THAT WE'LL PAY AND BITE OUR LIP, WELL NOT THIS CALLSIGN! YOU CAN KISS MY BIG FAT NORTHERN ARSE. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE WITH ANY POWER SORT THIS OUT NOW. 19 BDE COMD YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!

2. CAN YOU SHOUT A BIT LOUDER!!

3. Dear Chap, are you a touch disgruntled, though you hide it well i can tell by that slight flicker of your left eye and the vague twitch of your mouth!

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

We paid for our 1 Mech Bde back in the misst of time. Disgraceful

5. Classic case of if you want me to wear it then give it to me...

I'll even meet you halfway by sewing it on myself.

6. He may be loud, but it's a fair point. Why should you have to pay for what is a part of your uniform? If the Div/Bde/Unit commander insist that you wear the badges, then they should be issued, instead of forcing personnel to pay for them. It rankles especially for certain corps (especially AGC(SPS)) who are cutting around all the different types of units and expected to buy lots of stuff each time they move. I have been forced to buy the following:

3 x Regimental Tracksuits
    2 each of 3 Regimental PT Shorts
    3 each of 8 T-Shirts (and not all are green, so I can't wear them underneat C95)
    2 each of 4 designs of rank slide (in addition to the issued ones)
    a new watch strap (CO didn't like the AGC watch strap showing in Shirt Sleeve Order)
    5 each of 4 Div/Bde flashes
    Mess Dress
    other things that have slipped my ravaged brain

I can't tell you the cost of all this, but it ain't cheap!

7. the best bit is that you'il cough up the tenner as reqd..WOLLAH, in swoops a new brigade commander and makes a new decree 'no brigade flashes are to be worn as c95 is a combat uniform,remove badges, then in comes another and quotes 'all members of my brigade should be proud of its units heritage' or some suck bo lax. cue another tenner dropping on the qms table.

8. Can I be the first to mention stable belts?

9. The cheese eating surrender monkeys spell it VOILA

10. The RSM said to us at a mess meeting yonks ago, that the seniors did not have to put their hands in their deep pockets and fork out money for the 2 Bde flashes. Hurrahhh !!! hussar !!

F****ing bastard added it to our mess bills !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any legal beagle tell us if we can claim it back against tax ???

11. 145 Bde - most Units paid out of PRIs and rightly so!!

12. Whats the matter with you boys, dont you enjoy sewing all those pretty badges on???

Women, you cant live them, you cant throw them down the stairs!!!

13. Ah yes, forgot to add that one to my list. I told you I have a ravaged brain!

14. we paid 50p per badge for the CSSG flash when I was at 33 Fd Hosp, apparently they are free now.

15. Moderator - sorry about the swearing and thanks for the timely alteration to my reply. Lots of Love to all RSMs