"badged gurkhas"

Discussion in 'Gurkhas' started by BROCKS, Dec 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. during my last year in the gunners,we were having tea at the cookhouse at larkhill(royal school of artillery),when some lads walked in from 7para rha,then some lads walked in from 29 cdo...obviously bit of rivalry between the two units,whos the best etc.....then in walked four blokes in tropical combats,no beret,but blue stable belt,everybody was in awe,including para/commando..what really stood out was ,one of the four was a gurkha,somebody said he was the only "badged" member of the regiment? is this true? it was 1996. :?

2. Gurkhas can and do so more than likely.

3. In 1996 yes there was only 1, didn't stay too long though. There have been (and are) more since.

4. I met one once. He was on clandestine ops down the Falls Road in Belfast merging in with CIVPOP. Stood out like a dogs doodads. :)

Edit: For officers too far up their own arrses to have a sense of the ridiculous - this is OBVIOUSLY - a joke. There is no need to flame me, PM me or comment in any other way. Jeeesus.

5. Why is that a joke ? I once stopped a Chinese RM CMV driver, funnily enough that wouldn't look out of place now but this was in 88

6. A Johnny Gurkha passed USKF Selection in 2003 or 2004 as I recall.

7. Yeah, the said johnny Gurka was on my SAA course, he was from a Commando unit

8. What? They have gurkhas in QDG now... well I never!

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Chinese takeaways over the water were common but Indians etc were not. make sense to have a Chinese looking civpop than an Indian in that case!