Badge

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by devexwarrior, May 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Because I am sad that way i was perusing the new British Army Badges poster. The Jimmy caught my eye. Take a look at the crown. It clearly has a Lion standing behind, identical to the crown atop the Para badge.

Hope the pic is visible

2. Errr, no piccie !

Stilts

3. having drama gettin pic to attach-wait out

4. Another go

Attached Files:

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hmmm I've never seen a Jimmy with a lion on top of the crown. It looks like someone has put the wrong crown on top is all. Where is the original picture from?

6. From the new Badges of the Brit Army poster. Don't have a link as i got it from another server

7. Ord_Sgt is right - the wrong crown has been placed above Jimmy in this picture!

8. Agreed but who else has a separate crown in the Army??

9. The crown with the lion rampant is what is atop of a WO1 badge. Someone has fcuked up!

10. I do not want to be a conspiracy theorist but it looks suspiciously like the RM Cap Badge Crown photoshopped above Jimmy

hh

11. I like it.... maybe it's the start of a new trend.... design your own Jimmy!

I think we should put "Welly boots" on the poor sod! Winging around delivering all those messages to the Gods.... imagine how much Cyclops and Unicorn s**t he must have trod in. Bless! :)

12. Now in my day....blah blah blah, when they were still made of brass and you had to disassemble them each night for a good polish, it was considered a twat of a badge. It needed 3 holes in the beret, one for the crown and two for the remainder of the badge. This was all threaded through a triangular backing plate and the whole kit and caboodle secured by a split pin. You needed a REME qualification to put the thing together.

And no, it did not have that fancy crown with the lion. Mind you, the whole Army seems to wear what the feck they like these days...so probably no problemo.
    Good on you.

13. If it is it wasn't me. I cut a section from a pdf of the poster. There is also a formations and a TRF badge poster but even I am not sad enough to trawl through them. I suppose the company making the poster might have realised they had only been given the lower part of the badge and improvised. Shame it wasn't spotted at proof stage.

14. IIRC the Royal Signals are the ONLY capbadge that comes in two parts.

Unless we are getting a new capbadge again?