badge police

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sirbhp, Jan 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

Yesterday i went to east London on a pleasure jaunt, but i digress. I saw an old boy wearing a blazer complete with RBL badge on breast pocket as it should be , but then he had 8 badges ( pins for foreigners reading) , and 8 on the right lapel. he looked like an over age over weight train spotter . OH AND HE HAD THE rbl CRESTED TIE over his blue shirt as well .
    So how many badges should one be allowed to wear on a lapel before becoming a git ? I suggest two .. providing one is a poppy or course .

2. Does it really matter? As long as he was happy, leave the old fucker alone

• Like Like x 16
  3. Does it really matter you small minded cunt.

Let the old boy wear as many badges as he wants. He's probably earned it more than you.

• Like Like x 14
  4. May I be the first to suggest that we hound him to death, preferably screaming 'die walt, die'? or something similar?

Alternatively, and here is a crazy idea, leave him alone as he's in civilian clothing, in a civi environment. He's doing no harm. If you are that offended then please remove your eyeballs so you don't have to see such things ever again.

• Like Like x 5
  5. fuck off you sad cunt!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Cough - Hole - Cough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

was it you i saw ??

8. You still alive. Hang yourself you turd.

• Like Like x 2
  9. If you were waiting for a train, might I suggest you throw yourself under the next one?

10. I think the first sentence sets the scene perfectly (my bold). If that's what you do for pleasure, surely your life is pretty irredeemable. Although compared to Southend, at least East London contains some humans.

The chances are he fought for the right to wear whatever he fucking well wants. What have you done that makes you think you can tell him what badges he's allowed to wear?

• Like Like x 5
  11. I was going to answer but having read this thread - it had all already been said.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well i was expecting a far better quality of banter from the troops , well of course he can wear as many badges as he likes when i say old he was younger than me . as for what have I done with my life ? well I lived to be older than Elvis so that makes me happy . I shall now consider myself chastised and let the matter drop for-with, And I shall send my two VC's back after the weekend .

Brick lane music hall on a serious note , a great night out and well recommended if you are in the Woolworth area I recommend this venue to you .

13. Well, Bern, you certainly seem to have stirred up a hornets nest there me ole mate.

East London you say? The one in Sarf Africa.....?

Oh and the bloke wiv all the badges ..... a word to the wise: Some of the people on here take turns.... know wot I mean?

Mums the word!

• Like Like x 1
  14. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well i did post it in the hopes of some light hearted banter here in the NAAFI but life is full of disappointments innit ? ( got any old badges you dont want ? )

15. Woolworth?