Badge identification....infantry.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by modwatchdog, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me what these badges are for, and what the criteria is from them?

Attached Files:

2. 2.

Attached Files:

3. 3.

Attached Files:

4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

No.1 is a Combat Infantryman's Soldier trade qualification badge which is worn on the right forearm on No.2 Dress. The second is a Class 1 Infantryman's badge which replaces the previous one on qualification. The last is the Platoon Sergeant/Serjeant Qual, gained after Senior Brecon.

The one you are missing is the Section Commander Qual, gained after Junior Brecon.

[​IMG]

5. Cheers RP. I get the concept of Junior & Senior Brecon, and the basic infantry one, but how does the class one fit in (single bayonet with wreath), what do you have to do/pass to get that?

Attached Files:

6. simply pass your class 1 tests..

7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It doesn't seem to happen much these days in any sort of structured way, but there used to Class 1 cadres/tests which involved a Rifleman being proficient in weapon handling with five different Infantry weapons. Off the top of my head:
    Rifle 5.56, LSW, GPMG, 51mm mortar and 9mm Pistol(?). Think there were some fielcraft and mil skills tests too.
    You had to be a Cass 1 for a year before you got a shot at PJNCO cadre and your first stripe, but this is not rigidly adhered to.

8. Cheers RP, thats cleared that up nicely!!!

9. feild craft.
    mapreading
    skill at arms..--SLR..SMG..GPMG

was more but cant remeber..

NEVER SAW THOSE PRETTY BADGES THOUGH..

10. Attached Files:

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Qualified to clean stables?

12. Acorn picker?

13. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Class 1 Helmet?

14. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Depends on when your time was mate. They were actually introduced back in the 1980's at some stage, but no-one's ever really been bothered with them till lately. There seems to be a sudden fashion for this sort of thing being worn now. Then again if it's dress regs, then it's dress regs, what can you do. The problem/get out clause with my Regt (Rifles) is that they're effectively unavailable in the right colours.

15. MY TIME WAS AS MY SIG..

1976--1986