Badge backing RAMC attached

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Bailey, Feb 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of the rules and/or custom and practice as to the badge backing for RAMC attached to other units who wear that unit's headdress.

Specifically should they wear the RAMC cherry backing behind their badge or the backing of the unit to which they are attached. Not RAMC myself but I've been asked by one of our medics.

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Tribal items, i.e. capbadges are worn on attached Regiment headress for example TOS and hackels are worn and coloured berets are worn.

3. Thanks, but is the cherry badge backing retained?

4. I've always kept mine and no problems with the glengarry or TOS.

5. Yes (unless you wear a maroon beret in which case they don't wear the badge backing).

6. The cherry backing. They wear the headdress of the unit attached to but with the badge accoutrements of the Corps.

7. Always cherry backing on... it's part of the RAMC Cap Badge.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I didnt wear a cherry backing attached to RHF as it was against their tartan patch. But wore their white hackle.

9. I wore quite a few different types and colours of beret and always wore the Cherry backing, as was mentioned above, its part of your Corps history and dress. I asume your attached Teeth Arms and 'someone' has questioned it or even told you to remove it, if in doubt ask whoever it is the phone an RSM at a Med Regt, they may give up then.

10. from Dress regs

11. evening Mr Phantom, hope all is well and youre all ready for you forthcoming holiday.

The Medics attached to the Jock Guards wear the Inf beret with the Guards Div backing, not a cherry in sight!

12. Packed and ready to go.

When I was with a certain bunch of *****, all RAMC attached wore their headdress with the cherry backing between the cap badge and the tartan. Having read the dress regs it would appear that was incorrect. **** em though, nobody got upset, or even noticed as we all had our backing cut down to the bare minimum anyway.

PS, thanks for the help the other week, we've done your reference - you owe us a fortune for the lies we wrote.

13. I did 3 years with the Scots Guards.... with backing on. Surprised that it now seems to be an optional extra??

14. I served with the RHF and didn't wear their hackle, in fact all I wore was a beret. Greatest regiment of midgets I've ever served with.

I served with 1 Para and 7 RHA and didn't wear a backing. D&D and Duke of Wellington's, RE, RMP, MPSC, 5th Skins and 13th/18th I wore backing.

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Its all in Mat Regs, Pam 3 if my memory recalls, riviting read! I expect its on a hard drive now