Bad teeth

Hi, i was just wondering if i will fail the phase one medical because i have a couple of rotten teeth, i passed the adsc medical fine and my start date is in july.

Surely you'd want to get rotten teeth sorted before July anyway mate?

If you need any dental work doing upon entry to the Army they will send you to the Army dentist to get it sorted, oh and they are not the most gentle of dentists :)

Had my wisdom teeth taken out by an Army Dentist,

Me " Am I being put under"

Sadist "No, couple of injections and I will pull them out"

1 hour later with her knee firmly in my chest she finally extracts the second one. Even went back to work that afternoon.

Cause Hedgehog the one I had attached to my JLR reg was shit Lt/Col who'd had a nervous breakdown and thought it was acceptable to give 9 injections in one go with out of date anastectic hoping that some of it would work enough to give the filling.....It didn't then he admitted he didn't think it would of worked but wanted to try.

The rest I had were fine though

You do not have to be dental fit to join up, the flip side is you do not have to be dental fit on discharge! My only complaint having done 22 years is the PMH dentists happily pulled out tooth after tooth but would not commit to sorting out what I would do without teeth! All they do is constantly fob me off to get an NHS dentist to deal with it when I fully demob this year!

Hi, i was just wondering if i will fail the phase one medical because i have a couple of rotten teeth, i passed the adsc medical fine and my start date is in july.
plenty of time to get them out,if your working register with a dentist an they'll whip them out for a small fee.If your on the bread line register with a nhs dentist an get it done for free.

edited to add: a small fee in dentist linguo is probably 2 grand these days,use the old string tied round a door handle trick.

Don't feck about trying to extract your own teeth, you can cause infection or an abscess which if left untreated can be terminal.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Pick up one of those new fangled machines and press buttons on it. Insert tuppence when they answer and say. 'is that my NHS dentist? Can I have an appointment for this new painless dentistry'. That works for me.

FFS get your teeth sorted why would anyone want manky chompers the questions sometimes asked on this site really does grip my sh*t! Why chance not getting in , if you know your teeth are crap

Had my wisdom teeth taken out by an Army Dentist,

Me " Am I being put under"

Sadist "No, couple of injections and I will pull them out"

1 hour later with her knee firmly in my chest she finally extracts the second one. Even went back to work that afternoon.
Was she ginger? Sounds exactly like my wisdoms being extracted. The grinding sound I can only assume was crepitus. Absolutely terrifying at the time.

get it sorted now nhs dentist is cheap i got 2 fillings and a wisdom out for 46 bucks bargain. plus you dont really want to be messing around nursing your gums at the start of your new job bud .

I was gonna wait till I got in before I had a check up again, it's been over 2 years now. But after reading some of these stories, I think I might be giving my NHS one a quick call. They are such hard work when one is used to private dentists wot wot

Cause Hedgehog the one I had attached to my JLR reg was shit Lt/Col who'd had a nervous breakdown and thought it was acceptable to give 9 injections in one go with out of date anastectic hoping that some of it would work enough to give the filling.....It didn't then he admitted he didn't think it would of worked but wanted to try.

The rest I had were fine though
You were lucky mate at Ouston we got **** all. Let the drilling commence.:)

This brings back memories, I remember when I joined up in J/L '75, there was this Scottish chap in my platoon, after we got marched to the dentist for a check-up, he was called back and had very tooth in his head removed FFS, he got a nice set of 'falsies' out of it!!

Advice - get it sorted,.............. I agree with Jarrod, having had toothache and subsequent abscess myself the pain is horrendous and you still have 6 months to go!!

Whys that then?.Great advert for the tooth Mechs. :)
An agency Dentist, a Swede, working for the Army in Arborfield was extracting a molar split by a splinter of bone concealed in a piece of steak (cooked by another agency for the Army). I was in the chair for two hours before he extracted the last root, it came out with a bang, my jaw was broken.