Bad old days

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tytus_Barnowl, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just come back from the rememberance parade in Kilkeel. Great turnout very moving occasion.
    One thing, the police were out and about with sniffer dogs, checking all the cars. Now I don't live here anymore, the only times I see the police with sniffer dogs is in London where they are looking for drugs. I cannot see this being the target for this operation in a small south down fishing town. Is this a return to the bad old days?

2. Yea, it is getting a bit edgy round here, check out the NI bit of the bbc news web site, they are at something about once a week now

BBC News - Northern Ireland

3. The threat level in NI is currently set at 'Severe' meaning an attack of some kind is likely https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/threat-levels.html

Kilkeel is near the border so I can see why they would be extra vigilant there. On the sniffer dogs I'd say they were probably explosives trained and that's what they were searching for today.

I do not understand why you think Kilkeel would not be used by people in the Drugs trade though - ports (even small fishing ones) are the main source of entry for drugs, look at Scotland -it's cocaine problem is so bad because it has the most porous coastline in the UK - so if I was searching for drugs it's one of the places I would check!