• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bad old days

I've just come back from the rememberance parade in Kilkeel. Great turnout very moving occasion.
One thing, the police were out and about with sniffer dogs, checking all the cars. Now I don't live here anymore, the only times I see the police with sniffer dogs is in London where they are looking for drugs. I cannot see this being the target for this operation in a small south down fishing town. Is this a return to the bad old days?

B

Boozy

I've just come back from the rememberance parade in Kilkeel. Great turnout very moving occasion.
One thing, the police were out and about with sniffer dogs, checking all the cars. Now I don't live here anymore, the only times I see the police with sniffer dogs is in London where they are looking for drugs. I cannot see this being the target for this operation in a small south down fishing town. Is this a return to the bad old days?
The threat level in NI is currently set at 'Severe' meaning an attack of some kind is likely https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/threat-levels.html

Kilkeel is near the border so I can see why they would be extra vigilant there. On the sniffer dogs I'd say they were probably explosives trained and that's what they were searching for today.

I do not understand why you think Kilkeel would not be used by people in the Drugs trade though - ports (even small fishing ones) are the main source of entry for drugs, look at Scotland -it's cocaine problem is so bad because it has the most porous coastline in the UK - so if I was searching for drugs it's one of the places I would check!

Latest Threads