Bad News

Discussion in 'REME' started by Gasbag, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to tell people that don't know, but Ricky Strowger was killed in a car accident in OZ last week, his wife and son were in the car but are ok.

Ricky left the army (REME) not long ago going through the ranks as a Captain and joined the OZ army as a commissioned officer.

RIP mate.

2. sad news, could the MOD move this to the REME forum please, I think more people would have known him in there than in here.

3. Rick and I worked together at 3 Bn REME, what a diamond he was. My sincere condolences to his wife and son.

RIP mate.

4. Rick and I worked together at 3 Bn and 35 Engr Regt. Was shocked today to hear about his accident. My condolences go his wife Kirsty and Son Josh.

RIP Mate

5. Another good egg gone! I hope Kirsty recovers fast, she'll need to for the bairns sake!
    I worked with Rick and with his brother Martin, a Recce Mech. Both now killed in road accidents! What a waste!

6. What a horrible tragedy, I know them 3 from 3BN, we were good friends and did the 3Bat Chat newsletter together. Thinking of you Kirsty, all my love to you. Be strong! So sorry!!!!xxx

7. STROWGER, Rick. Captain Royal Australian Electrical Mechanical Engineer's. Taken suddenly on 9th January, 2008. Aged 44 Years Leaves behind his Wife, Best Friend and Soulmate Kirsty, as well as his darling heart Son Joshua-Rhys. Beloved Son of Robin and Elaine and Brother of Simon and Jeremy (all in United Kingdom). Son-in-law of Mark and Rachel and Brother-in-law of Henry, Leigh and Shane (New Zealand). Family, Friends and Colleagues are invited to attend a Service to Celebrate the Life of Rick at the Dream Centre Christian Church, corner of Nerang-Broadbeach and Chisholm Roads, Carrara (Exit 71, Pacific Highway) on Friday 18th January, 2008, commencing at 12.30p.m. Burial will follow at Allambe Memorial Gardens. No flowers by request, in lieu donations may be made to RACQ Careflight. Envelopes will be available at the Church. FULL MILITARY HONOURS Phone 0755934777 www.newhavenfunerals.com.au

8. Grieving son: I'll always love dad
    THE seven-year-old grieving son of an Australian Army captain yesterday described his father as "kind, gentle and funny".

Joshua-Rhys Strowger delivered a eulogy for his father Rick, who was killed in an accident on the Warrego Highway near Helidon on January 9.

Captain Strowger, adjutant for the Commanding Officer of the 7th Signal Regiment at Cabarlah's Borneo Barracks, was buried with full military honours at a funeral service at Allambe Memorial Gardens on the Gold Coast.

Joshua-Rhys read a eulogy to about 200 mourners at the Dream Centre Christian Church.

"He was a great man and as a father he was kind, gentle and funny," Joshua-Rhys said.
    "He was the best father in the whole world.
    "The things I remember most about the time me and my dad spent together is camping and fishing at Tallebudgera and mini putt-putt.

"Daddy and I always played mini putt-putt on our own because mummy hated it.

"The reason I loved camping so much was because the three of us got to spend time together.

"When we went camping, I caught a flathead and daddy always wanted to catch one, but he never did.

"I will always love my daddy. He was just the best," he said.

Mr Strowger's coffin passed an Australian Defence Force servicemen's guard of honour and was carried to the Allambe Memorial Gardens cemetery on the back of a gun carriage.

Joshua released a white dove into the air before the coffin was lowered into the ground.

Mr Strowger was a captain with the Royal Australian Army's Electrical Mechanical Engineers.

RIP RICK

9. I new Mick years ago. Sorry to hear the bad new and I wish all his family where are they are my condolences.

I will raise a glass!!

10. Thank you to all of you who have posted these messages on the site. I was just sitting infront of the computer trying to pass time and just googled his name and found this site. My husband was a beautiful funny man that can never be replaced. Both myself and Josh (7) are very slowly trying to come to grips with this as it all seems so sensless. Trying to come to grips with being a widow at 34 is just not comprehendible. His son would make him very proud with the way he coping and he did his own reading at funderal. A full military funeral did him so proud. If yo would like to see photos as there are lots of them then feel free to look me up on facebook and send me a message of how you knew and I will add to my friends list so you can see them.
    Thank you again to all of you thinking of us.
    His wife

Attached Files:

11. Thank you, please new comment and picture
    From his wife

12. Please see new comment posted and pic. It is amazing you knew Martin as well.

13. Thank you so much for you thoughts. Please facebook me.
    Kirsty