Bad news for chocolate lovers

...if you follow a vegetarian, halal or kosher diet anyway:

Some of the UK's best-selling chocolate bars, such as Mars and Twix, will no longer be suitable for vegetarians.

Also affecting brands such as Snickers and Maltesers, owner Masterfoods said it had started to use animal product rennet to make its chocolate products.

Masterfoods said the change was due to it switching the sourcing of its ingredients and the admission was a "principled decision" on its part.

The Vegetarian Society said the company's move was "incomprehensible".

Masterfoods said it had started using rennet from 1 May and non-affected products had a "best before date" up to 1 October.

Rennet, a chemical sourced from calves' stomachs, is used in the production of whey.

It will now also be found in Bounty, Minstrels and Milky Way products, and the ice cream versions of all Masterfoods' bars.

"If the customer is an extremely strict vegetarian, then we are sorry the products are no longer suitable, but a less strict vegetarian should enjoy our chocolate :roll: ," said Paul Goalby, corporate affairs manager for Masterfoods.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6653175.stm?lsm

So if you're a veggie, Muslim, Jewish or Hindu that means no more Mars bars, Snickers, Twix, Bounty, Galaxy, Milky Way, Maltesers or Minstrels.

Im fecking devastated :(

They better reconsider, the cucking funts.

Am I supposed to munch on Dairy Milk for the rest of my life?

If anyone else is affected tell the barstewards exactly what you think of them. :evil:

Hmm... I've got a nice slab of prime rib to cook up on the grill tonight. :)

Thank fnuk i am allergic to chocolate!!!

boo hoo, it's great not having any beleifs religeous or moral...
I'll just sit back and enjoy my mutalated cow and mutated chocky bars yum yum ;)

boo hoo, it's great not having any beleifs religeous or moral...
I'll just sit back and enjoy my mutalated cow and mutated chocky bars yum yum ;)

Taz_786 said:
...if you follow a vegetarian, halal or kosher diet anyway:

Some of the UK's best-selling chocolate bars, such as Mars and Twix, will no longer be suitable for vegetarians.

Also affecting brands such as Snickers and Maltesers, owner Masterfoods said it had started to use animal product rennet to make its chocolate products.

Masterfoods said the change was due to it switching the sourcing of its ingredients and the admission was a "principled decision" on its part.

The Vegetarian Society said the company's move was "incomprehensible".

Masterfoods said it had started using rennet from 1 May and non-affected products had a "best before date" up to 1 October.

Rennet, a chemical sourced from calves' stomachs, is used in the production of whey.

It will now also be found in Bounty, Minstrels and Milky Way products, and the ice cream versions of all Masterfoods' bars.

"If the customer is an extremely strict vegetarian, then we are sorry the products are no longer suitable, but a less strict vegetarian should enjoy our chocolate :roll: ," said Paul Goalby, corporate affairs manager for Masterfoods.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6653175.stm?lsm

So if you're a veggie, Muslim, Jewish or Hindu that means no more Mars bars, Snickers, Twix, Bounty, Galaxy, Milky Way, Maltesers or Minstrels.

Im fecking devastated :(

They better reconsider, the cucking funts.

Am I supposed to munch on Dairy Milk for the rest of my life?

If anyone else is affected tell the barstewards exactly what you think of them. :evil:
This is totally unbelievable i thought having chocolate was a luxury not having to eat Rennet, a chemical sourced from calves' stomachs.

When is this country going to sort its self out and start producing good quality food and luxuries no wounder we have so many over weight citizens in the country

Bacon Sarnie anyone?

Quite a cunning move, I can see the logic in this. Now a void in the market has appeared for a veggie snack bar , let see how long before the "original" versions come on the shelf with an inflated price of course.

Original Coke™ anyone ?

WW

wheelchairwarrier said:
Quite a cunning move, I can see the logic in this. Now a void in the market has appeared for a veggie snack bar , let see how long before the "original" versions come on the shelf with an inflated price of course.

Original Coke™ anyone ?

WW
Ding! We have a winner! The manufacturers of such a bar will make oodles of dinero of course.

Khyros said:
wheelchairwarrier said:

Original Coke™ anyone ?

WW
Ding! We have a winner! The manufacturers of such a bar will make oodles of dinero of course.
I think Cadbury's are dancing in the streets of Bournville as I type this. This can only do them good. This really does not make business sense, unless the makers have been able to score some really cheap rennet from eastern europe. They are just pushing a lot of vegetarians in the direction of a Dairy Milk.

Ish

drain_sniffer said:
Legs said:
If you don't like it, munch on a flippin' carrott! Simple!
spot on - if you dont eat animal products you are gayer than a welsh village
So what did your brain-cell die of? Boredom?
I haven't touched animal prods for years, still run well and love having the young attractive FEMALE students in class when I'm teaching, especially now with the warm weather and see-through t-shirts.
Pure knee-jerk reaction doesn't make it true.
And anyway don't the Taffies go for the wooly 4-legs rather than hairy 2-legs?

Dwarf said:
drain_sniffer said:
Legs said:
If you don't like it, munch on a flippin' carrott! Simple!
spot on - if you dont eat animal products you are gayer than a welsh village
So what did your brain-cell die of? Boredom?
I haven't touched animal prods for years, still run well and love having the young attractive FEMALE students in class when I'm teaching, especially now with the warm weather and see-through t-shirts.
Pure knee-jerk reaction doesn't make it true.
And anyway don't the Taffies go for the wooly 4-legs rather than hairy 2-legs?
What none at all? No milk, eggs cheese?

No chocolate, custard or mayonaisse?

Or are you just a plastic veggie?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hellsbrink Mobile Phones 21
jakeblues68 The Intelligence Cell 4
JoeCivvie Blue Jokes 0