Bad Luck stalks Labour Election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by royalmile, Apr 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to scoop more misery on Gordon Brown after "Bigotgate":

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/uk/General-Election-2010-Labour-Twitter.6264180.jp

A Labour candidate in Bristol faces prison after exposing postal votes that had come in for her constituancy.

Also:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/election-2010/7651153/General-Election-2010-Labour-candidate-arrested-over-suspected-drink-driving.html

The Labour candidate in a Gravesend had a little too much sherry and forgot to go round a roundabout.

No wonder he had his head in his hands.

2. maybe they DONT want to win this time around ..

3. Brown should never have broken that deal Mandelson and Blair worked out with the Devil.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, Mervin King reckons that whoever wins this election will sign themselves out of election victory for an entire generation after their first term, simply because of the massive austerity measures, including taxes that are going to have to be imposed to keep the IMF out of it and our credit ratings manageable.

It wouldn't be funny if Labour, having managed the wrecking of the nations finances get back in after one term because someone else had to do all the dirty work to fix their fcuking mess.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happened . . . . . unless of course there was a convenient patriotic war towards the end of the first term that guaranteed the house-cleaner a second term to reap some rewards for implementing said austerity measures. It would be history repeating itself, but undoubtedly with a much weaker leader.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I can understand the Gravesend incident - if I was a Labour candidate, I would be getting shitfaced every night too.....

6. Labour have a 'Twitter tsar'?! I was all for voting Brown (to avoid the lib dems) especially after his bigot comment (legend!) but now... that's just silly.

7. I would say 'luck' has nothing to do with it.

8. I hope they are paying their bar bill unlike others we know, Mr Speaker did you hear that!

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

10. Bad luck, my arrse, that just criminal stupidity, do you want a F**king retard representing you in Westminster,
    if so vote Labour

11. It would be funny if the Lib Dems positioned themselves as the opposition during a Conservative term and consigned Labour to history's dustbin. I'm not a Lib Dem supporter per se, I just hate Labour.

12. That would make me happy. I don't have a problem with "old" Labour- I disagree, but at least most of them were relatively honest. I hate "new" Labour and would happily see them flushed.

13. Nothing to do with bad luck. As the saying goes " you make your own luck". Just incompetent, corrupt labour doing what they do best.

14. ...and Royal Navy :(