Bad Lads Army

Well!
What do people think about it? :(
Was it total rubbish or was there some truth in what we saw.
For so long now the public have voiced thier views about bringing back National Service. :?
What do the young kids/Chavs need? Discipline or six weeks at an ATR?
Or in some peoples eyes was it all a bit Mickey Mouse? :oops:

Mickey Mouse, utter shite TV, pointless. Watched the first one then binned it

I think it highlighted perfectly that National Service is needed, now more than ever.

The youth of today have become misguided and perhaps even idle, the show demonstrated that these kids needed to be shown who's boss and how/where to direct their anger and frustations in a focused and productive manner.

Some of them even joined up after the show.

drocto said:
Being one with zero experience, why? How similar are the British Army 1950's and the British Army 2004?

Good to hear they've been inspired to join though.

In a sense these buggers were volunteers. They were not obliged to be there at all, unlike conscripts. I expect there was no sanction on them leaving at will as well

In a sense these buggers were volunteers. They were not obliged to be there at all, unlike conscripts. I expect there was no sanction on them leaving at will as well

Lets face facts People, If big joe and Nookie had been given a free reign a certain couple of twin recruits would have been hammer punched back into the fifties, which lets face it they needed.

On the other hand the Poster boy smiles that Montgomery Plt portrayed to the cameras were genuine because we have all been there and felt the pride of having accomplished something in their lives

but I do not believe for a minute any of them will have "the shilling" in their sky this time next week !!!

The Royal Regiment of Chavs, Gypsies and thieves.

If they did sign on, best of luck to them, at least they're putting structure, discipline and direction into their lives.

Keeps them out of the grey bar hotel at least, and away from my sister.

TCH, B Liar et all.......National Service should be compulsory for all Chavs.
Put it in the manifesto now.

growler said:
growler said:
growler said:
growler said:
You really meant that, didn't you.

TTFN

BFG

drocto said:
I think it highlighted perfectly that National Service is needed, now more than ever.

The youth of today have become misguided and perhaps even idle, the show demonstrated that these kids needed to be shown who's boss and how/where to direct their anger and frustations in a focused and productive manner.

I really hope you are taking the pi55, National service is and always will be total bollocks. It will do fcuk all apart from send this country back 40 or so years. What next? brothel creepers and sh*t music, DMS boots and Short putties....

Cpl_ripper said:
drocto said:

I really hope you are taking the pi55, National service is and always will be total balls. It will do fcuk all apart from send this country back 40 or so years. What next? brothel creepers and sh*t music, DMS boots and Short putties....
Yes, cos' Germany, Holland and most other European countries who have national service (or have just discontinued it) have just a big a youth problem a the UK. I feel far safer in many other European capitals and major cities than any in the UK..
Natioinal service is not about 'Putting them in their place'. It's about getting youths who have had individuality rammed down their throats so much they have little or no idea of how to get along with others, teramwork responsability and several other vitally deficiant values lacing in todays youth.

There is a certain political party who have this in their list of things "to do"

DEFENCE - no more cuts!

Successive cuts in defence spending have left Britain’s armed forces perilously weak. We will boost Britain’s armed forces to ensure that they are able to deal with any emergency, and defend our homeland and our independence. We will bring our troops back from Germany and withdraw from NATO, since recent political developments make both commitments obsolete. We will close all foreign military bases on British soil, and refuse to risk British lives in meddling ‘peace-keeping’ missions in parts of the world where no British interests are at stake – a position of armed neutrality. We will also restore national service for our young with the option of civil or military service.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 51
Mighty_doh_nut The NAAFI Bar 249
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 11