• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Bad Lads Army

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=4084
Tonight at 9pm.

Yob culture comes face to face with 1950’s style National Service, as the influx of new Bad Lad recruits will be taught the fundamentals of gentlemen’s etiquette as they undergo officer training.

The stakes are high for the 30 young volunteers, aged between 18 and 24, who have gone off the rails and are looking for the opportunity to get their lives back on track.

Dispatched to Browndown army barracks, they are paraded in front of their fierce, highly-disciplined, no-nonsense commanding officers. They are split into two squads, and over the coming weeks the groups will be competing against each other as well as each lad battling their own issues.

Issued with their pay books – loose the books and they loose their pay – the lads are marched off to the Quarter Master’s stores to collect their bedding, and all 58 pieces of kit which will they will need for everything from PT drills through to manoeuvres.

But the novelty and giggling soon wears off, when confronted with their 1950’s food in the mess hut – stew, potatoes and peas. And things turn nasty for Gary Miller, his back chat earns him a roasting from his Corporal “you’re totally cocky, with your head up your own arse,” screams the Corporal before sending Miller off the Guard Room for a ‘beasting’.

The intense physical punishment is dolled out by Provost Seargent Tim Weston, yelling “I’ll eat you alive. I am horrible. I am a nightmare.” He subjects Miller to humiliation of dragging an oil drum round the parade square. The punishment seems to have done the trick when Miller mumbles “This is the sh*ttist day I have ever had.”

The next morning, it’s a 6.15 am start and the lads are stripped of their civilian identity. Gone are the hoodies and designer jeans, their hair is shaved into standard short back and sides, thick rimmed 1950’s glasses are issued to the short-sighted and they all undergo a medical – cough please.

They think they’re hard enough but who will make it through the first 24hours?
(The antidote comes tomorrow night in the form of Foyle's War starring the thinking-woman's crumpet).

Forces_Sweetheart said:
(The antidote comes tomorrow night in the form of Foyle's War starring the thinking-woman's crumpet).
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh Michael Kitchen - <<swoons>>

Issued with their pay books – loose the books and they loose their pay
Perhaps they should "loose" the extra 'o'. I'm sure the 1950s officer training wouldn't tolerate such sloppy grammar in Her Majesty's English.

Forces_Sweetheart said:
Poppy said:
Forces_Sweetheart said:
Without a doubt, MK is utterly and completely gorgeous. Sigh.
What is it with these chicks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynical-Subbie said:
Forces_Sweetheart said:
Poppy said:
Forces_Sweetheart said:
Without a doubt, MK is utterly and completely gorgeous. Sigh.
What is it with these chicks?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are healthy red-blooded women - what's your problem?

MrPVRd said:
Why don't they send them to Iraq at the end?
In an orange jumpsuit

Isn't it nice to see the Chav scum being treated the way that most of us would like to see all Chav scum treated, and its legal!!!

MrPVRd said:
Why don't they send them to Iraq at the end?
Without wishing to offend anyone - and I realise the brandy is kicking in - why don't they send them to Iraq at the beginning?

I love it, the profile of the chav that went AWOL was hilarious, "They cun shout at me, spit a' me, push me, I din care bruv, I'm rock!" cut to him sobbing like a baby after 24 hrs. Chav humiliation at its best.

"Yeh im the third 'ardest in this town" he also had 3 children that he didnt like/want and a pregnant 'girlfriend' that he lost interest in. Madness.

I think that chavs who do not acknowledge their offspring should be hooped for each day of non-acknowledgement to remind them that the process of intercourse has consequences.

Bad Lads I love it!!! the only thing worth watching on the box, Murray is such a decent chappy I luv him!

The problem with the new "corporal" is that when I hear/see him I can't get Eammon Holmes out of my head....

Tiffy_71 said:
The problem with the new "corporal" is that when I hear/see him I can't get Eammon Holmes out of my head....
LOL oh no don't say that!! haha thats spoilt it now, I recognise him from somewhere too, it's been buggin me all day.

I really like the new Provost, he'll sort them out. The old one was great too "I've been in plenty of fights lad, even had my eye out" should have kept him on and had the pair of them giving it licks against the scroats.