Bad lads army, Knife, fork and spoon question?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by thedude110790, Aug 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sorry, didnt know where to post this :S

Im watching the 2nd series of bad lads army and a private goes into collect his wages and his sergeant tells him to say "knife fork and spoon" after stating his name and number, i have no idea what this means and cannot find an answer anywhere.

anyone able to explain?

thanks

2. Don't panic. It's just a generic jokey type thing.

I was 2440 Knife Fork Spoon Claspknife.

Years since I heard that though.

3. Knife[ cutting instrument with sharp blade and a handle

Fork[ pronged instrument or tool or part divided like this

spoon[ utensil with a rounded bowl, and a handle, used for conveying food to the mouth

simples

4. Simple case of you will do as you are told.

5. In this case, it ment nothing at all, the drill sergeant is just fooling around with the sprog. :wink:

6. i remember one episode the sent a lad to the Guardroom and told him when asked why he was there to tell the Rp sgt to mind his own fcuking business :D He did it as well much hilarity ensued

7. The Jock Lcpl we were terrorised by in training once had me doubled away to the guard room for having a dirty rifle barrel. The RP corporal duly recorded in his book "Trainee Matt, reported by Cpl M for having crocodile living in rifle barrel".

8. I only heard it once, from a Hercules WO Loadie; his version was 'knife, fork and spoon, tin mug lost at Dunkirk Sah!'

9. In the days of payparades and part2 paybooks, drill staff used to write please on the palm of the right hand and thank you on the palm of the left hand of the new intakes, and if they were officer cadet material they did not have left and right written on the soles of their boots Ammo!!