• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bad financial decisions of our time

Now times have been bad recently, but even compared to my stunning decision to buy some Drax shares a while back :x this takes some beating:

Not that long ago (about 3 years) ITV buys Friends Reunited for £175m. At the time it was: "A key step in the delivery of our strategy to drive new revenue streams for the company."

Today ITV sells it for £25m: to the publisher of the Beano. Michael Grade gave his own perspective on this sorry tale:

"ITV bought it. This management team did not buy it," :lol:

Now where have I heard that before?

Blogg said:
Now times have been bad recently, but even compared to my stunning decision to buy some Drax shares a while back :x this takes some beating:

Not that long ago (about 3 years) ITV buys Friends Reunited for £175m. At the time it was: "A key step in the delivery of our strategy to drive new revenue streams for the company."

Today ITV sells it for £25m: to the publisher of the Beano. Michael Grade gave his own perspective on this sorry tale:

Its all go in the wacky world of bean counting.......... :D

Blogg said:

Blogg,

Not only the publisher of the Beano.... but also the owner of one of the largest genealogical sites after ancestry.com - findmypast.com. The financial press reckons that the real target was not Friends Reunited but Genes Reunited. Bargain!

I looked at Drax a while ago but couldn't make the figures add up. I hope you weren't caught too badly, although I note they are on the rise after the latest results.

Litotes

Latest Threads