• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Bad day to be a goat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6979292.stm

Nepal's state-run airline has confirmed that it sacrificed two goats to appease a Hindu god, following technical problems with one of its aircraft.
Nepal Airlines said the animals were slaughtered in front of the plane - a Boeing 757 - at Kathmandu airport.

How long before the fluffy-huggers get all agitated I wonder?

Could this catch on...

Quantas - Kangaroo gets it. Air France - shipment of British Lambs torched on the tarmac. Virgin - ??

Hmmm, does this count as alternative overhaul and maintenance or was it complementary O&M??

:cuddle: :cuddle:

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I want to be a plane technician for Virgin . . . a dream job. Only problem is, I don't think I can make a new patio on the runway.

Just been long haul with Virgin - the contents of some of their stewardesses uniforms was very appertising!!

desmond said:
Leave the bloody goats and ring boeing
Probably got fed up with "your call is important to us", "your call is currently in a queue", and "if your 757 is fooked, press 5"......and thought sod that for a game of soldiers, pass us me Kukri and get Daisy & Buttercup airside sharpish.

Turkish airline staff did a camel last year to celebrate a new plane. Unfortunately in view of passengers! A bit of fuss over that....

Cait said:
indoubitabley said:
When has it ever been a good day to be a goat?
Thursdays.
If it's any day, it'll be a Monday.

Clicky

Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February 2006 and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up."
13 February 2006 was a Monday.

M'lud, I rest my case.

Civvy_Shot said:
How long before the fluffy-huggers get all agitated I wonder?
They did years ago and RGR were stopped from doing it even though it was part of their religion.

indoubitabley said:
Cait said:
indoubitabley said:
When has it ever been a good day to be a goat?
Thursdays.
If it's any day, it'll be a Monday.

Clicky

Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February 2006 and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up."
13 February 2006 was a Monday.

M'lud, I rest my case.
True - if you want to be a goat and get bummed, Thursdays are a good day to be a goat if you just fancy popping into town for some leisurely pineapple shopping.

Cait, I now see where I was wrong. I'm sorry. Thanks for your patience.

I forgot why I never go down the fruit market after Wednesdays.

never saw any thing like that from the crab air boys .... now what would they sacrifice ?

WW

wheelchairwarrier said:
never saw any thing like that from the crab air boys .... now what would they sacrifice ?

WW
Well it would not be their professionalism or self respect as they have none!

Nor their hotel accommodation and cold drinks...

one-flew-over said:
Turkish airline staff did a camel last year to celebrate a new plane. Unfortunately in view of passengers! A bit of fuss over that....
???? They did a camel? Did they stand on a step ladder to do the beast? My god. What is the world coming to?

blackrat_scaleyback said:
one-flew-over said:
???? They did a camel? Did they stand on a step ladder to do the beast? My god. What is the world coming to?
Hope it wasn't an ugly one :D