Bad back

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by welshblokemiles, Jun 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm 24, and about 3 years ago I hurt my back - evident by a bit of pain, doing an overhead tricep curl with too much weight, and tipping backwards. :oops: For a few months it was painful, especially in the morning. Also, I was about 4.5 stone overweight which probably didn't help.

    The last few months I've been doing some running, (now only about half a stone overweight), and the bad back has returned, not that it ever disappeared completely. I notice it especially in the morning, but it's not too bad in the day, I just know it's there.

    I can't narrow it down to a particular place, it's from the bottom to the top and seems to vary from time to time. So, just before I visit the quack, any ideas, or little tests I can do to see what the hell is going on?

    Much appreciation.
  2. Visit the quack. They'll do the tests for you.
  3. Spanish_Dave

    Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

    Hi mucker, my advice is to seek expert help, also if it happened on duty insist that this is documented on your medical reports for your war pension/compensation
  4. Welshbloke I can sympaties with you on this one.I am 30 and was on a 6 mile boot run about 19 months ago.When we hit the hill reps, bang!!, somenthing went in my back. Stupidly I carried on for the last 2 miles, as you do, and have had pain across lower back running up my spine to shoulders since.

    Been to the MO loads of times as well as physio and have been diagnosed with everything from trapped nerves to slipped discs with no success so far.

    The problem is that they kept giving me sic chit and then chucking me back on PT agrevating the injury.

    Luckily I know have been temporary downgraded for six months to strenghen my core muscles along with physio so hopefully the injury will not re-occur

    My advice would be to seek out a specialist (not even going to try spell the word for profesional back cracker) as the longer this goes untreated the worse it will get and the harder to right it will become.

    All the best and a speedy recovery to you.
  5. I hurt my back on a skydive about a year ago and about a month ago I started running and the pain has returned. Doctors are a pile of crap.. wont even suggest what mind be wrong. You will probably have to go to a orthapedic specialist.. thats what my plan is anyway.