Bacon slicer hits St Athan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by green_slime, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News

No surprise really, but I have no doubt that plans for the replacement sites are not very developed. Finding cash for the carriers/ Browns reelection campaign?
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I'm so pleased that the highest priority of the Secretary of State for Defence is to provide jobs in South Wales....

not Scotland.
  3. Exactly what fecking jobs? Compared to the ones lost from DARA.I notice Almondbank didn't loose any, would that be due to Adam Ingram being a porridge wog :roll:
  4. No, Almondbank was never on the sale sheet, therefore no jobs lost.
  5. Phase 2 not going to St Athan has been known about for ages.
  6. Great so we are providing a CIS school, supposedly designed to link in with local Universities and businesses to give the greatest upto date benefit to our signallers. So instead of siting it in the M3, M4 corridor where all of our leading UK electronics companies and university departments are located we site it in... WALES?

Why - because the Welsh Development Agency committted a wedge of tax payers money to get it.

Another great idea from the MOD bean counters!
  7. A tad more long winded and complicated than that Jimbo but in essence, yes.
  8. RMA - I was always told to KISS

9. Also to appease the WDA who spent 80 million on a superhanger only for the crabs to fill it with fresh air :frustrated: :pissedoff: :rage: :censored: