Bacon sandwiches at the range?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Tartan_Terrier, May 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the past I have cooked just about everything in just about every method, gun barells,exhaust pipes, exhaust manifold, back end of a Blaw Knox/Barber Green/ Bittelli paver,a shovel in the fire box of a steam engine,hot rocks, Fiji ovens, Hay boxes, jiust as thousands of Navvys have for the last couple of hundred years, christ were you never in the Boy scouts making Twist and Damper bread

2. Fcuking know all. :drool:

3. Yes, but you were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

4. FFS the tank crews, and artillery in WW1 cooked on the gun barrels. soldiers in Spain in the 1800 made coffee with their hot gun barrels, the gunners at the seige of Harfleur cooked on their gun barrels, as long as guns have been a heat source soldiers have used them as cooking aid.

5. Luxuary!

6. You posh bastard. :)

7. In the FI, I found the Halogen spot lights on my Volvo great for grilling the trout I poached out of the Fitzroy river, quick whipe and a bit of butter/oil and bob's your uncle.
    And the exhaust pipe on a MK1 432 was brilliant for cooking bacon,when it was not setting the camnet on fire, there were even compo tin racks on the exhaust manifold of the Saladin,Saracen, and Ferret,

8. So thats why they're all fat b@stards.

9. Yes, but due the finacial constraints of the Cold war the main heat source was masturbation :)

10. And the legend that was Wolfgang, he saved my life a few times, but that was a Bratty not a bacon banjo

11. Did the Cavalry in the Napoleonic wars not eat horse steak after battles from the plentiful carcasses, fried in their Cuirasses? Bet shining parade was a whole world of fun after that...