Backloading of tits up BOWMAN kit

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by warrior8234mkIIIA2, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been jiffed with getting rid of a load of knockered bowman kit, ranging from cables up to VHF radios.They have the MOD form 683 CIS incident reports with them just wondering what to do now as they are not sent back through the usual reverse supply chain i am informed, but what paperwork do i need to do to get them off account correctly and sent back and also where do i send it ?

2. Someone in your unit (QM?) should have the ILSI (Integrated Logistic Support Instruction?) for Bowman, which will have the entire process detailed. Failing that I'd ask at Bde level - DCOS or BEME.

A long shot may be to do a Dii search for Bowman ILSI.

Sorry I don't have Dii access otherwise I'd have a look myself.

edited to add: If you have a Bowman AESP kicking around, it should refer to the ILSI in there it may be the '111' part of the AESP (as in 1234 X 234 111)

3. I am the only person left in my unit (QM's wise that is) due to deployment on ops.Not to worry, could always do what we did with clansman and stick it all in a skip !!!

4. with BOWMAN if it gets enough air en route to the skip it will probably work again.

seems to be that dropping the sets reverses whatever they do. working ones break and broken ones start working again.