Backing up of Blu Ray discs

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by maguire, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

anyone had a go at this yet? I use a combination of Nero, Dvd-Shrink and Dvd-Fab on my regular dvd's when I'm creating backup discs of regular dvd's, does anyone have any experience or recommendations for BR capable equivalents?

Also, whats the rough file size for a BR film? if it's over 25gb it makes the idea of making a backup a bit moot...

thank you for your help.
  2. just seen a copy of blue ray avatar its 46 gb

the copy is 4.2 gb thats ok nero can back that up
  3. Avatar is of course a longish film (162mins I believe) but I read somewhere most BR films come in between 15 and 30 (Gb). The Dark Knight though (152mins according to IMDB) comes in at 35Gb.
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

do those figures incorporate the extras, menus and whatknot? what about the movie file itself does anyone know?
  5. the blue ray disc is 46 gb whatever is on there have you tried to google the movie is out now to buy on br
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

are you always this irrelevant, or do I need to brace myself for more of the same from you?
  7. your atitude stinks mate you still have the problem,guess what you still have it moron
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

where did I say I was having a problem? and whats an 'atitude'?

MS- cheers.
  9. forum on line gaming and computer advice kind of gives it away along with all the questions.

the tone of your reply says you are a moron who is inept so asks school boy questions now f off