Background Music

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Rackcatchplunger, Oct 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am making a visit to the New Military Memorial in Staffordshire this coming Sunday, with the intention of taking photographs as well as paying my respects to fallen comrades. I intend to compile the photos on to a DVD accompanied by background music. I have a few ideas of what to put on, but am looking for suggestions from other sources such as ARRSE members.
    Any of you make any suggestions of any moving pieces you may know of?
    Non-vocal would be preferable.

Thanks in anticipation

RCP

2. Maybe not too original, but the soundtrack to Band of brothers is quite emotive.

3. schinderlers list, makes me cry..

4. Although a little cliched, Barber's Adagio and Elgar's Nimrod are both good choices.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Gladiator has some good stuff on the soundtrack, but for that over the top emotional kill I would go for Nimrod!

PS, Classic FM is offering free music downloads at the moment.

6. Have a look at this post below

LINKY

But choose something original for fecks sake.
    We're all sick of Wind of Change, Theme from Harry's Game, Highland Cathedral, Lost Prophet's songs, Brothers in Arms etc.

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

as for the pictures will be the main message - at least imho
    perhaps rather not too emotional over the top - cause it's supposed to be 'background'
    i'd choose something like 'if you could read my mind' or any other 'light' but emotional instrumental piece of music
    but depends on what you choose to be the message

just my idea about it - because a place like that tells it's own story anyway
    and to give everybody who's watching the chance to build up their own thoughts and feelings
    i wouldn't blanket the pictures by music