Back to Top button

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Fugly, Jul 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I've been sorely missing the "Back to Top" button since the site update.

The navigation options at the bottom of the page are fine if i want to do something thread/forum related, but if I want to access a link from the dropdown bar, it means a lengthy scroll upwards - especially annoying if i'm using the laptop touchpad.

Can you bung a "back to top of page" button back in please Dad('s!)

Ta

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Isn't this enough? Or do you mean on the topic list pages? I wouldn't have thought they were long enough to need it?

By the way your keyboard 'home' button does this which I find quicker that moving the mouse pointer to a link somewhere.

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Dear GoodCO

I am a blind turd.

Yours sincerely

Fugly.

Bollocks!
    :oops: :oops:

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No worries. This was raised in the post-change discussion so I added this link - not very obvious but exactly where it was on the old themes I thought. There must have been another one at the bottom that I hadn't noticed - there were bloody links all over the place and I must admit that the links at the bottom of the page are still fairly chaotic.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It's a difficult problem to balance keeping the page as simple and usable as possible for new users, while keeping this little widgets for experienced users, while avoiding clutter and wasted space, and of course squeezing in the ads that keep us running!

There was an offer to get a professional usability analysis done which would still be appreciated - Come in No9!