Back to the Future - Denison Cam

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TheSpecialOne, Dec 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking at the type of terrain in Afghanistan I got to thinking how would the old Denison smock fare compared to desert two colour DPM. Denison has a good open mix of sandy brown, green and dark brown - perfect for areas where vegetation is prominant, and dispruptive enough for more barren areas. Has anyone, SF or snipers, tried wearing anything similar?

Attached Files:

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm a fan!

3. Perhaps normal dpm material minus the blank print would suffice?

4. DITTO

I have a copy Denison, purchased mid-1980's, made by supercraft garments, and it is my dedicated pigeon shooting jacket. Its as good in the woods as it is on stubble.

'Hoorah for the Denison'

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Mine came from Survival aids shop at Euston in 1994 I seem to recall!

6. Good bit of hardwearing kit but a heavy one for heat out there methinks.
    Multicam maybe a better option?

7. Maybe not the twill cotton version that was designed for temperate climates but from the same material as the dessies.

8. Perhaps a better option would be the old desert dpm pattern, which I believe the Iraqis adopted.

9. Nope, that was yank choc. chip pattern.

10. Nope he is right. Long before the stuff they've adopted now.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not so much adopted as flogged to dirt cheaply about 5 to 10 years before we needed it back to kick them out of Kuwait!

12. [​IMG]

13. It was issued to the Republican Guard, although the only set I saw was on an ex-brit in 2ReP(?) passing through KKIA Riyadh.

Much better than our brown/sand combo (Although I think we were still wearing Temperate DPM at that point!).