"Back To Church" Sunday - 26 Sep 10

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Excognito, Sep 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This weekend sees the culmination of 2010's Back to Church campaign.

If anybody who lives near West Byfleet (I'm thinking in particular of the Patch) and isn't a regular churchgoer, but would like to see if it is for them, St John's Church is holding a 'Come To Church' service on 26 Sep 10 @ 1000 hrs as part of the 'Back To Church' campaign.

It's not my 'local', but I've been on occasion. It is led by a husband and wife clergy team, Alan and Joy, has a good choir (new members always welcome) and very good regular organist.

If you don't live near Byfleet, 'Back to Church' Sunday events are being held across the country. If you're not sure where your local church is, then this CofE link or Evangelical Alliance link might be helpful.

If you would like to see if Church life is for you, but can't attend this Sunday, don't worry - you'll be welcome any Sunday :)

2. Why not just announce that Stars on Sunday will be filming on a particular weekend? The aisles will be jammed. So much so that when St Philemons in Toxteth was chock full of hypocrites trying to get on the telly, the Padre said, "Never again". Go figure.

3. Well, I suspect (hope) that you've answered your own question. I believe that the idea is to get people to attend because they would like to rather than just for the opportunity to say "Hey! Look! There I am :)". Although if just one person ends up as a regular churchgoer or has their faith reaffirmed, then it's probably worth it.

4. I live near west byfleet, still not going though. Sunday should not be spoilt by church

5. Nice. Good luck, hope your congregation increases.

6. Thanks. :)

7. de nada (.......to create the required "more than ten waste of characters").

8. Church? Haven't they all been banned by some European law - I'm sure I heard about it in the Daily Mail :)

9. Come along to one tomorrow and check it out? :)

10. For those who might not have seen this the first time round!

11. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but most people who attend are normal and, AFAIA, Anglican clergy/choirmasters/sunday-school teachers/helpers should undergo CRB checks.

Here's a link to the CofE policy

12. Would love to but I don't beleive in God, however, I hope your God looks after you.