Back Pay

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Short One, Aug 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to a monumental cock-up at Glasgow, I have discovered today that the back-pay that I was promised would be on the pay statement this month isn't..yet again!! 4 effing months this has been going on and the figure before tax that is owed is close to £1000/month!!! Without going into the nitty gritty....wtf can I do now?? If I hear one more person say 'just think of the wedge you will get when it comes through'.....and who is earning the interest on MY money?!?

2. Think of the wedge you will get. :)

3. I was in a similar situation a few years back after promotion to WO2. Glasgow reckoned I should have been on low band (monumental fail on their behalf!) and therefore owed nothing, I knew it should have high band.

After weeks of being fobbed off, I found the actual document in the pay manual type JSP, scanned it and e mailed it along with a covering letter to the Tiger Team up at Glasgow.

I was paid in full on the next monthly pay run.

Good luck and don't let some minimum wage secretary fob you off.

The gopping Jock slunts.

4. Service complaint.

5. Service complaint is in. Is anyone aware of them ever doing another payrun?? Can they do a oneoff? With tomorrow being the last day for it to be sorted for the end of this month, and it being Friday and them knocking off at 10am...not holding much hope of them pressing 1 small button tomorrow morning!

6. My drama took 2 years to sort out, numerus clerks and phone calls to glasgow and emails to tiger team. No one was held accountable and they tried to blame me for not bringing it to their attention, *****.

The 5k made me feel a bit better though. :)