Back Patched MCs

Now here`s a disturbing rumour. Apparently, a so called ex-forces "chartered" mc - I won`t name the club I suspect as the originator because at the moment it is just that, a suspicion, but on confirmation they will be named and hopefully shamed - has contacted the Royal British Legion Riders Branch and warned members against wearing RBLR badges on their backs because they are not a chartered mc or face the consequences.

How low can these gangsters go?

It does appear distasteful, but I believe that this 'rule' applies to all motorcycle 'collectives', wishing to wear their 'colours'. As far as I can recall it's set by the Hells Angels (might be wrong) but those wishing to start an MC have to be approved by the HA (if that's who it is). I don't think that the RBLR would have any problem getting approval. Anyone wearing colours is deemed to be in a MC and al MCs have to be recognised by the HA. Another rule is that one MC can't ride through the turf of another wearing their 'colours' unless they've got permission to do so from the resident MC. All very complicated but I'm sure that it makes sense to those involved.

The only 'back patched' group who blatantly ignore this are those blokes in yellow Hi-Vis vests which have 'POLICE' written over the back. :police:

LordVonHarley said:
Why do the Hells Angels have control over charters?
I may be wrong mate, I picked this up at a p*ss up with several MCs a few years ago. A combination of excess alcohol and time may have had an adverse affect upon the interpretation of the information passed.

t309

Old-Salt
Seatbones said:
Now here`s a disturbing rumour. Apparently, a so called ex-forces "chartered" mc - I won`t name the club I suspect as the originator because at the moment it is just that, a suspicion, but on confirmation they will be named and hopefully shamed - has contacted the Royal British Legion Riders Branch and warned members against wearing RBLR badges on their backs because they are not a chartered mc or face the consequences.

How low can these gangsters go?
This came up last year, and the RBLR sent messages to all members stating that same.

In a fit of picque I said fuck 'em, and now display the HM Veterans patch instead.

In their defence the HA's have never had a problem with the RBL/RBLR.

Storm in a teacup.HAMC were on the Wooton Bassett run, and have made numerous charitable donations.

Hells Angels are an international organisation of clubs that protect their copyright etc and apply various rules.

You can have a motorcycle club that has no association to the HAs, but if you copy their badges or font styles etc without permission they enforce - this has been done in the past by both legal and illegal means.

Wiki HAs

Official HAs

t309

Old-Salt
telecaster said:
Storm in a teacup.HAMC were on the Wooton Bassett run, and have made numerous charitable donations.
It's not the HA's on this occasion, it's a club run by former soldiers making threats against a group of former soldiers.

They must have poppy phobia.

t309 said:
telecaster said:
It's not the HA's on this occasion, it's a club run by former soldiers making threats against a group of former soldiers.

Correct. Done a bit of research and the club is called " Patriots MC ". The problem they have is that they believe that they have a monopoly over every ex-squadie that rides a bike and that if they want to join a club it should be theirs. They will only accept you though if you have three years reg service. No ex-service women. No TA or MPs.

They also have a website. Why not pop by and sign their guestbook.

Seatbones said:
t309 said:
telecaster said:

Correct. Done a bit of research and the club is called " Patriots MC ". The problem they have is that they believe that they have a monopoly over every ex-squadie that rides a bike and that if they want to join a club it should be theirs. They will only accept you though if you have three years reg service. No ex-service women. No TA or MPs.
Or serving/ex Police Officers regardless of service time or Regiment/Corp

What message does that send?

The HA will of course be monitoring the Patriots situation, as they do all MC (and some local MCC's) clubs and there is a line (other MC's) that they cannot cross.

MCC = MotorCycle Club.

MC = HA

Anyhoo, this is old, old news and I am sure our comrades in RBL (Riders) are fully appraised.

You can wear any MC patch you want, so long as it does not infringe any legally recognised copyright or trademark (using the HA font, skull or '81' for example).

If you have not been 'approved' by the HA then you just have to be prepared to 'protect' your right to go about your business (in the same that the Mongol's have to I imagine). 8O

As the RBLR patch is a two piece I can't actually see this being true. If it was a three piece with a bottom rocker then I could see it, however I doubt very much that there's any truth to this rumour.

I will make some enquiries when I get home.

The only patch that's causing any pain at the minute is the Black Label Society patch, but they deserve a beating.

Apparently it's to do with the Army Biker Veterans patches. These have been sanctioned by the two main 1% clubs but it seems some people still have issues with them. Shame.

For those that haven't seen them: LINKY

You can wear any MC patch you want, so long as it does not infringe any legally recognised copyright or trademark (using the HA font, skull or '81' for example).

If you have not been 'approved' by the HA then you just have to be prepared to 'protect' your right to go about your business (in the same that the Mongol's have to I imagine). 8O
Dude, this would be very bad advice. If anyone is thinking of flying 'MC' patch then it is not just a case of not infringing any legal copyright or getting 'approved' by the HA.
There are a number of MC clubs out there who will see someone just donning a set of new MC colours on there turf as a blatant pissing on there bonfire. the fact is if you don't want to be pulled of you bike and physically removed from your jacket then you have to be sanctioned by the top club in your area be it Outlaws, HA, Satans Slaves, Blue Angels, Patriots, Devils Deciples ect. As petty as it seems to some it is all about Turf and Area's for what ever reason.

RBLR don't have too much to worry about from HAMC as far as i know, they are pro forces and don't see the lions head on someones back as a problem. If the RBLR were to start wearing top and bottom rockers then the situation may change. Not sure the Outlaws would see it the same though.

I was helping at the Wootton Bassett run, Marshalling those that tipped up on the off chance they would get on the run and we had a few clubs tip up that historically have not got on with each other but because of the occasion, they let things be for a couple of ours. Which was cool.

The hells angels have no say in who wears a back patch, just ask the Bandidos MC, or the Outlaws MC. Problems only arise if a bike club; start to wear the full patch of a 1% club, full top and bottom rockers in the area which already has a MC club.

I think you will find that starting a backpatch club be it MC or MCC will potentially cause problems if you don't go through the right channels it does not matter about top and bottom rockers, can boil down to as simple as colours used. I know some guys in Darby who decided to start wearing a backpatch, only MCC, and only took 3 meetings in a pub before the Outlaws tipped up and told em it was not happening and removed their colours.
Bandidos are looking for a way into the UK but as yet (as far as i know) have not managed.

Fellas,Fem's,

The problem the RBLR have is that a lerge number of the riders have purchased large cap badges that they like to wear on their backs! Be it on a leather waistcoat or jacket. The riders have had guidance from the Riders branch commitee with ref to the wearing of said articles! In the interest of safety we/they were warned that it could be seen as a backpatch and cause trouble if it were seen to be that, personally I think it is stupid aperson wears a badge that he belonged to a unit is very different to a MCC Backpatch!!! The RBLR is also not a MOTORCYCLE CLUB it is a National branch of the Royal British Legion unfortuanatley some peolpe cannot understand this!!!!!

Latest Threads