Babylon????

B

bokkatankie

Anyone else had his programme taking over search engine, impossible to remove without shutting down just about every function on the computer.

I downloaded ispell (as directed by this site) and got Babylon, without asking for it removing my home page and becoming my new search engine????

A look at the about us does not fill one with confidence.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
yes i got a bit of it meself . It took over all of the search engine functions so i killed is by going to search : the finding Babylon and killing most of it from there . I have not managed to kill the small search window on my top tool bar though , as fast as i deleted it , it came back . So i tend to live with it , crap cleaner did int remove it either .

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
cheers deacon jnr.

ha! cleaned 100 bugs but said stump and buy if you want the other 1,500 fixed. So i deleted it . it was a registry cleaner and there should be a Babylon cleaner out on the interweb , i shall look for it .

cheers deacon jnr.

ha! cleaned 100 bugs but said stump and buy if you want the other 1,500 fixed. So i deleted it . it was a registry cleaner and there should be a Babylon cleaner out on the interweb , i shall look for it .
I would say you got the wrong version. There is a totally free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can get it here, its a very good malware tool.

Spybot Search & Destroy is another very good, free, program.

Also, have a look here for some possibly useful info on removal of Babylon.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
well i have to report that Babylon has disappeared on its own accord . But now I have a yahoo search window instead ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smudge67 The Book Club 10
TVEDU_RED Films, Music and All Things Artsy 7
B The Other Half 0