Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by bokkatankie, Mar 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else had his programme taking over search engine, impossible to remove without shutting down just about every function on the computer.

I downloaded ispell (as directed by this site) and got Babylon, without asking for it removing my home page and becoming my new search engine????

A look at the about us does not fill one with confidence.
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

yes i got a bit of it meself . It took over all of the search engine functions so i killed is by going to search : the finding Babylon and killing most of it from there . I have not managed to kill the small search window on my top tool bar though , as fast as i deleted it , it came back . So i tend to live with it , crap cleaner did int remove it either .
  3. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

cheers deacon jnr.

ha! cleaned 100 bugs but said stump and buy if you want the other 1,500 fixed. So i deleted it . it was a registry cleaner and there should be a Babylon cleaner out on the interweb , i shall look for it .
  4. I would say you got the wrong version. There is a totally free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can get it here, its a very good malware tool.

Spybot Search & Destroy is another very good, free, program.

Also, have a look here for some possibly useful info on removal of Babylon.
  5. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well i have to report that Babylon has disappeared on its own accord . But now I have a yahoo search window instead ?