Babylon helperbar removal.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I freely admit computer stuff is not my strong point. Currently using a Toshiba T110-121. I realise that Toshibas aren't well regarded but this one works, is light, portable and does what's needed.

The problem, I know it's slow, now it's dog slow and seems to have picked up something called helperbar and babylon. I've run malware through it and it hasn't found anything.
How do I get rid?
Thank you and no turning it into a frisbee is not an option.

Google doesn't seem to be that helpful, or at least not helpful in bone stupid simple terms.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes that was the first thing I did, but neither Babylon or helperbar are showing up in the uninstall thing

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Now its getting strange. No firefox in system its ie. The youtube route had but it doesn't seem to be the same screen as mine.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Running spybot over it, to see what comes up. May well just transfer stuff over to something else and see about reshooting the whole thing.

Think the link above will sort it, not spyware, just something that is used to change your search preference

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Strangely enough despite a full malware scan coming up with nothing yesterday. A spybot run came up with 73, removed 70 and left 3 as stuck in registry. Rebooted and running another spybot. I'll have a go at that youtube one when it stops.
Ta

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
try revouninstaller.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you everyone I put the spybot through it as a cleanser, followed it up with Malware which didn't show a thing.
On to Taffnps youtube suggestion which after much bad language seems to have worked. I'll keep an eye on it but I think it came in with a cnet download.
Tricky little sod.
Thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smudge67 The Book Club 10
TVEDU_RED Films, Music and All Things Artsy 7
B The Other Half 0