Baby P killer Steven Barker loses rape appeal

Looking forward to Reading his demise in the paper, just hope it's slow and painful!

He's only lost his rape appeal in one sense.

He's got the proverbial 'purty mouth' so I suspect he still appeals to many of the rapists in his prison.

As a child rapist and killer he'll be segregated from the prison general population: this will thus reduce the risk of his being assaulted by other prisoners.

what a pity this bsatard has only lost his appeal, should be his fcuking life.!

Refreshing news to hear this type of scum is left to rot! (if only an appeal)

(the trouble is he'll be given a new identity at the taxpayers cost when he is finally released)

beemer007 said:

(the trouble is he'll be given a new identity at the taxpayers cost when he is finally released)
If he gets that far, he can't avoid everyone all the time.

CQMS said:
beemer007 said:

If he gets that far, he can't avoid everyone all the time.
True. Someone managed to twat Huntley and Sutcliffe got jam jar'ed in the face. We can only live in hope.

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
He should be denied the right to appeal. In my opinion, if you commit these sorts of crimes then you should automatically forefeit your human rights and be permenantly segregated from society. I can understand why there isnn't a death sentence, but I do think that rotting in a windowless cell for 40 years with no luxuries or contact with civilization would undoubtedly be worse.

Screws have a habit of turning a blind eye, just hope its slow and painful.

RiflemanTom said:
He should be denied the right to appeal. In my opinion, if you commit these sorts of crimes then you should automatically forefeit your human rights and be permenantly segregated from society. I can understand why there isnn't a death sentence, but I do think that rotting in a windowless cell for 40 years with no luxuries or contact with civilization would undoubtedly be worse.
I'm with you on most of that but I think the appeals process is an important part of our legal system. Once found guilty sentence should be as you describe, till death, with no prospect of parole. I'd throw in some sort of hard labour too.

RiflemanTom said:
would you change your mind about the appeal process if you were wrongly convicted of rape or murder?

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Actually yes I agree that the right to appeal is something we should be glad to have, but it just annoys me to hell that these animals waste out time and money launching endless appeals because they feel hard done by. The very fact that this turd has lodged an appeal proves that he in no way recognises that what he has done deserves the punishment he was given.

RiflemanTom said:
Why bother wasting money, just top em!! :twisted:

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
ex_colonial said:
RiflemanTom said:
Why bother wasting money, just top em!! :twisted:
Too quick. Rather have him slowly go raving mad in isolation, chewing his fingers off, and banging his head against the wall etc for many, many years.

RiflemanTom said:
The very fact that this turd has lodged an appeal proves that he in no way recognises that what he has done deserves the punishment he was given.
Not necessarily - I think a lot of them do it to pass the tiime, get regular meetings with their solicitor/brief etc.

What pisses me off is that the segregated types (Cat. 43?) are with like-minded nonces with whom they can share their **** fantasies.

Kill em all slowly - with hammers.

RiflemanTom said:
I disagree on one simple condition.

Anyone convicted of anything should have the right to appeal, that way we ensure, as much as we can, that justice is actually served. After all, several people have been acquitted on appeal when it was found that the original conviction was complete pants and only came about because Gene Hunt had missed his daily shot of Bells.

The condition is this though. Lose the appeal and your sentence gets automatically doubled, as does the time period at which you may be eligible for parole.

That way the innocent (Colin Stagg springs to mind after just watching a program about how they fitted him up) get a chance to be freed and the guilty just dig themselves a deeper and deeper hole.

In agreement with Tom, I have never agreed with the death penalty for 2 reasons

1. If the conviction is proved wrong, it is quite hard to undo unless your name happens to be Jesus and your dad is God.

2. After being locked up for very small amounts of time when I was in the mob (the normal 14 days in the Big House) and being arrested at a football match in Civvy Strasse and then charged and held for 48 hours (and then let go and de-arrested because the old FIU were just total cnuts), I can honestly say I would rather die than spend the rest of my natural being confined. Death is the easy way out, confinement is perpetual punishment which is far worse.

I'm happy to pay the extra taxes to make guilty cnuts suffer as opposed to paying a little bit less and giving them the easy way out.