Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Random_Task, Mar 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/07032006/140/baa-nursery-rhyme-slaughtered.html

The 'PC Brigade' have caused another storm by rewriting a favourite nursery rhyme. They have changed Baa Baa Black Sheep to - Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep. Several nurseries have changed the traditional rhyme so as not offend ethnic minorities, it has been reported.

They say the words "black sheep" alienate and offend young black children.

And that's not the only rhyme to get a 2006 makeover.

Humpty Dumpty has a miraculous escape from impending disaster when he falls from his wall and stays in one piece.

Teachers say they do not want children to be upset by the human egg's scrapes.

The controversial changes, which have been seized on as political correctness gone mad, have been introduced by some nursery schools in Oxfordshire.

Stuart Chamberlain, manager of the Family Centre in Abingdon and the Sure Start centre in Sutton Courtenay, Oxfordshire, defended the move.

He told the Courier Journal newspaper: "We have taken the equal opportunities approach to everything we do. This is fairly standard across nurseries."

But parents are reported to be unhappy with the move.

"Baa Baa Black Sheep is one of the most well-known nursery rhymes for generations," one parent told The Times.

"For people to come and fiddle with it is ridiculous."

2. My daughter was being taught to sing the song to the lyrics of "Moo moo, Jersey cow."
    It confused her something chronic because we'd already taught her the correct, non- pc, version

3. Instead of changing a harmless nursery rhyme to avoid upsetting people they should educate them as to its origins. The black sheep was, in days of old, wanted due to it's different coloured wool which was subsequently worth more. It's not a nursery rhyme about a sheep that was persecuted due to being different.

When will we stop pandering to these PC Bde idiots. They seem determined to politicise everything. All they do is highlight the difference in race, religion, sex etc. :evil:

As an aside my young kids go to school and couldn't give a flying f*ck what colour or race the kids are that they play with or sit next to.

4. Totally ridiculous, PC gone mad but then I was the BLACK sheep of the family.

5. I have been trying to get that one to work.

Moo moo Jersey cow
    Have you any Milk? (Not fcukin wool i hope??)

Yes sir, Yes sir (surely they got rid of the Sir bit? Sexist to say the least)
    Three buckets/pails filk? (Well full doesn't rhyme with milk so wtf did they use?)

This is about where I gave up.. 8O

6. Anyway, 'Moo moo Jersey cow' discriminates against cows of non-Jersey origin, by privileging Jersey cows and giving them an elevated position in socie....::brain implodes::

sm.

7. How about

Moo Moo jersey Cow
    Have you any wool?

No sir, no sir
    I'm a fcuking Bull

or

I'm a cow you TOOL!

8. Moo moo moo moo HF cow (The HF (Holstein Friesian) replaced the Jersey as while the Jersey milk has a higher cream content, the HF has a higher yield)
    Have you any milk or non-dairy soja alternative
    Yes yes yes yes in pails lined with silk (Silk was the only thing I could think of to rhyme but muslin would have been a possibility for filtering the milk
    One for the male person in charge, one for the female person in charge as the farm is now run as a joint venture under the structured guidance of a farmer's cooperative
    And one for the little boy who lives down the lane who pays far more than the local dairy processing plant who supply those well known supermarkets of the 18th century when this rhyme was first seen in print but actually dates back to possibly the 14th century.

Shite, I just couldn't get it to rhyme and it doesn't quite flow.

9. You know what its going to be like in the future, take Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty never sat on a wall
    Humpty Dumpty never had a great fall
    All the kings horses and all the kings men
    Never really put Humpty back together again

See it was all a lie from the start

10. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty dumpty had a great fall,
    He went to Injury Claims Direct,
    And sued the wall owner for Fifty grand.

11. I got a wonderful book for my last birthday titled 'Heavy Words, Lightly Thrown' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1862077924/?tag=armrumser-21) , which tells the story of many of our favorite nursary rymes. Baa Baa Black Sheep is actually a song about the church and taxation where taxes had to be paid to the crown (the master), the church (the dame) and the local landowner (the little boy down the lane). Don't even get me started on Goosey Goosey Gander (a rhyme about prostitutes)!! After reading this book you can't sing many of these songs to your children without feeling a little guilty because of their hidden meanings.

12. The thing that rattles me most about this nonsense is most of the people who advocate it are themselves non ethnic minoritys (if there is such a thing in some towns & citys). Why do these tw@ts find it upon themselves to take offence on other peoples behalf ??I think I know the reason,,, its to justify thier "diversity co-ordinator" positions on about 40k pa. Theres feck all left to meddle in now so they are picking over the bones of whats left of our once proud British society. It really & I mean REALLY pi55es me right off. Utter cnuts the lot of them !!!!

LT.

13. Jack and Jill did not just go up the hill for a pale of water you know,

as I remember it,

Jack and Jill went up the hill
    To have some Hanky Panky
    Silly Jill forgot the Pill
    Here comes big brother Frankie

14. Humpty Dumpty was unable to sit on the wall due to excessive Health and Safety legislation,
    Humpty Dumpty fell as he tripped over the speed bumps whilst crossing the road,
    All of the comrade leader's domesticated animals and the comrade leader's people,
    Could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again due to all of the hospital beds being filled by NHS tourists, who were only in the country because not allowing them in would have been an infringement of their human rights, subsequently Humpty Dumpty died and was buried in a non-religious ceremony designed to avoid upsetting the sensitivites of any minority groups.

:evil: