BA to strike 18th may for 20 days

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, May 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. British Airways strike dates announced
    The British Airways cabin crew union Unite has announced fresh strike dates in its long-running dispute with the airline.

Cabin crew will walk out for four separate five-day strikes in May and June.

The first strike will begin on 18 May, ending on 22 May, with the three further strikes beginning on 24 May, 30 May and 5 June.

Unite members rejected a fresh deal for cabin crew earlier this month.

2. Good on 'em. Nasty management. How does one last on ones £50k pa?

3. First of the big unions to flex their muscles

20 days of strikes on the back of the ash saga - odds on BA going under anyone?

4. Oh dear that would mean the cabin crews wouldn't have a job then :p

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sh!te odds. I'm not risking a penny on that bet as there's no bail-out money left in the kitty. When BA hits the skids, nobody is going to help them.

6. I wonder How this affect the merger thats ongoing between BA & Iberia?

7. You not got enough down there :lol:

It could have a big influence in the proposed merger with Iberia and the one with the americans that was talked about

8. Good I hope they go bust, they'll be more whining in the Union office than on the tarmac.

No good saying we beat the fat cats then is it?

Is it possible for the railworkers union to do bust as well? I can hope.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So that means that Virgin become UK's national carrier :D

10. Virgin is a quarter of the size of BA.

Far more likely is that airlines like Lufthansa or Easyjet will smell blood in the water, and move in to pick up the redundant aircraft and passengers.

That said, surely BA has learned its lesson, and has an army of strike breakers ready to come in?

11. Fcuking spiffing. I'm scheduled to fly with them the day after their 'first' strike. Quite how the previous five days will affect operations is anyones' guess, so I'll count myself lucky if I can fly at all on that day. I'm due to fly with them again in July - if they're still operating. Not my choice in either case. I suspect many will avoid them like the plague (they're already doing so) if this carries on any longer. Fcuking mongs: striking themselves out of a job. How anyone can strike in the present climate is beyone me. They will go under for this a la Pan Am - different circumstances. Same outcome.

12. Well BA say they have 1.5Bn in reserve to ride out the storm so we'll see if they do survive or not?

13. They can fekkin well pack that in. I'm due to fly to Denver on the 25th June for 10 days. They could leave me stranded at the other end though ;)

14. Sack the fcuking lot of them. If some many workers are so easily led by one or two Union Bosses, then they ain't fit to manage an aircraft crew anyway.

Fcuking Sheep the lot of em.