• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

BA new Airbus A380

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
A bad experience with our national carrier perchance?
No, several and I'll never fly with them again, ever. They even had the website 'British Arseways' taken down, he was only posting how crap they really are.
The self loading cargo as they call passengers are a terrible inconvenience to the ageing nasty trolley grans.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Glad to see it. My BA Gold card's long expired, but I still like to see BA do well (when it does). A good move to let the launch airlines get the gremlins out of the A380.
Too late, everyone else is miles ahead, they thought they'd stick with Boeing and now they're playing catch up.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You should try US airlines. The trolley dollies get to choose their routes by seniority. By the time they're senior enough to get the "glam" transatlantics, they're all over 40, most over 50. Still, they know what they're doing by that age.
I've no desire to fly US Airlines either. I'll stick with Emirates or Qatar, they at least provide a good service and rank highly year on year.
Emirates takes the top honour at the World Airline Awards named by travellers as the World's Best Airline in 2013

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I don't buy that. Emirates has crap route coverage, unless you want to go to DXB. BA, LH and KLM are streets ahead of US airlines in terms of service offering. Now Delta's bought into Virgin, I might give that a whirl if they come to ATL.
I'm don't care where BA fly when I go on holiday if Emirates or Qatar don't fly where I want to go i'll fly somewhere they do.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Alright, fair enough, if you're going on holiday. I fly for work, so route coverage is critical for me. More so than the wine list.
Very rare I have to fly for work, the last time was with BA, I'd gave them a ten year break and they were even worse than before. I'd no option to fly with them though, abysmal.

Have to agree that Emirates are top of the heap and it's a pleasure to fly with them, with BA not too far behind. Although I don't fly for pleasure, I fly to get from A to B, so as long as I'm reasonably comfortable, get fed and watered, there are no noisy feckers close to me and we don't crash then I'm a happy-ish bunny. I choose the quickest route available at my time of travel; KLM, BA, Emirates, AF, Ethiad, Lufthansa, Qatar or what ever (or a combination).

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Have to agree that Emirates are top of the heap and it's a pleasure to fly with them, with BA not too far behind. Although I don't fly for pleasure, I fly to get from A to B, so as long as I'm reasonably comfortable, get fed and watered, there are no noisy feckers close to me and we don't crash then I'm a happy-ish bunny. I choose the quickest route available at my time of travel; KLM, BA, Emirates, AF, Ethiad, Lufthansa, Qatar or what ever (or a combination).
If I fly with Emirates they send a chauffeur in a Mercedes to pick me up.
Lovely business lounges, great food, great drinks selection, lovely staff.
BA just cannot compete on service or price.

In all fairness to BA they're the better of my 3 options if I want to get to London for a few beers and a pastie. Seeing as I hate the inconvenience of connecting flights. Hopefully they'll have replaced the ancient 767 ER fleet by the time I next fly back.

Air Canada's cabin crews surliness is legendary and Air Transat only seem to fly on days that involve a blue moon followed by a red moon.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
In all fairness to BA they're the better of my 3 options if I want to get to London for a few beers and a pastie. Seeing as I hate the inconvenience of connecting flights. Hopefully they'll have replaced the ancient 767 ER fleet by the time I next fly back.

Air Canada's cabin crews surliness is legendary and Air Transat only seem to fly on days that involve a blue moon followed by a red moon.
I'd rather have connecting flights than be grunted at.

I have to disagree with you on saying that BA are not far behind. I fly to Dubai quite often and usually flew Emirates, but then my company decided to use BA which I hadn't flown since 2003 or so. Well what a shock that was. In addition to many other issues there were no Brits on the staff apart from the pilots, so the serving etc was quite sloppy and could barely understand what was being said. I would say that the upgrade to economy plus may be an equivalent to economy on Emirates, but that costs an extra 100 quid or so. No, BA have a lot to do to get anywhere near Emirates standards. Thankfully my company have seen the light and put us back onto Emirates (I think it may be cheaper then BA too).

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I have to disagree with you on saying that BA are not far behind. I fly to Dubai quite often and usually flew Emirates, but then my company decided to use BA which I hadn't flown since 2003 or so. Well what a shock that was. In addition to many other issues there were no Brits on the staff apart from the pilots, so the serving etc was quite sloppy and could barely understand what was being said. I would say that the upgrade to economy plus may be an equivalent to economy on Emirates, but that costs an extra 100 quid or so. No, BA have a lot to do to get anywhere near Emirates standards. Thankfully my company have seen the light and put us back onto Emirates (I think it may be cheaper then BA too).
They're miles behind in ratings because they're truly shit. If your seat is broke or your in flight entertainment system doesn't work then tough.

S

syledis

I fly BA Houston to London and back every 5 weeks and while the plane is nice, and has decent legroom in Monkey business class in the back, its the waitresses onboard that let them down, Arroogant and up their own backsides.

In saying that, in 8 days i fly home with United in order to keep my air miles, god help me!

I've avoided Air Canada since '88 after being on the piss with a crew until the early hours then finding out they were flying that day. The culture has changed no doubt but that memory lingers. Never had issues with BA and they've come through when others have failed.

Latest Threads