B*****y Cyclists

Driving to work this morning and there's a MAMIL riding his bike the wrong way down a one way street. Not on the pavement, on the road.

People blowing their horns at him, his response was to swear and make rude gestures at the drivers.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Quite possibly, but is that the truth? I've had similar reactions to apparently suicidal cyclists in Italy, only to find that a street designated as one-way for motor vehicles was actually two-way for cyclists. Alerternatively, he's just an arsehole.

Last edited:
Thinking of Her Maj while slowly roasting them in his cave should do the trick.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I was out today in Cameron county ( also beckham a few wanky chefs and that bloke of top gear)
moving at a sensible speed on the A road I approached a minor junction
Mamil comes flying up to junction and i get the feeling he wants to cross the road, so I slam the brakes on hard and he wobbles out, looks behind and i keep braking hard to let him turn right
he cuts in front of another car coming the other way
A raised hand would have been nice as a small courtesy, he would have heard my tyres squealing, and noticed I virtually stopped from 60 to allow him to cross in front
nope nothing
next time I wont be slowing down
while negotiating the minor D roads around the area, I came across a few more of the same ilk, again riding in groups, often on the wrong side of the road, I am tootling at around 25 mph no more, but a few times I had to slam the anchors on
a thank you ?
nope
and yet a few miles further along I espy two young ladies on Chestnut hunters trotting towards me, so I pull right in and cut the motor, and they wave and say thank you
how difficult is it ?
but then some cars drivers lack the ability to say thank you when I give way , but you cannot generalise with them
as I find Audi driver and Range Rovers drivers more polite and respectful than people in family type cars
those meriva thingies and strange shaped Nissans

I find Audi driver and Range Rovers drivers more polite and respectful than people in family type cars
Strange place you live in. My neck of the woods said cars are typically an indicator of the. biggest see-you-next-Tuesdays going

Quite possibly, but is that the truth? I've had similar reactions to apparently suicidal cyclists in Italy, only to find that a street designated as one-way for motor vehicles was actually to=way for cyclists. Alerternatively, he's just an ********.
Not that I saw, just 5he usual one way street signs

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Strange place you live in. My neck of the woods said cars are typically an indicator of the. biggest see-you-next-Tuesdays going
perhaps the majority of people around here, actually have money and dont need to be so agressive, certainly up around Hook Norton every one is very polite,I always pull in as my car is old and well used, and manners maketh man

perhaps the majority of people around here, actually have money and dont need to be so agressive, certainly up around Hook Norton every one is very polite,I always pull in as my car is old and well used, and manners maketh man
Kingsman Walt!

Quite possibly, but is that the truth? I've had similar reactions to apparently suicidal cyclists in Italy, only to find that a street designated as one-way for motor vehicles was actually two-way for cyclists. Alerternatively, he's just an ********.
If your first suggestion is correct, there would have been one of the following signs in place, to inform traffic of the contraflow cycle lane:
1596367939125.png

The upper sign shows a mandatory cycle lane, the number of upwards pointing arrows may vary to show the number of lanes available. If that sign was present, there would be a solid white line denoting the edge of the cycle lane.
The lower sign is quite rare and only really for use on quiet streets.

My money is on him being an a**ehole.

1596451850289.png

Although I also note "Woman Driver"...

Drummer_Boy

Old-Salt
If your first suggestion is correct, there would have been one of the following signs in place, to inform traffic of the contraflow cycle lane:
View attachment 493956

The upper sign shows a mandatory cycle lane, the number of upwards pointing arrows may vary to show the number of lanes available. If that sign was present, there would be a solid white line denoting the edge of the cycle lane.
The lower sign is quite rare and only really for use on quiet streets.

My money is on him being an a**ehole.
I have the bottom sign on my commute home from work though the centre of Blackburn (Blackbin!), one way street for cars, and a main route into the town centre. No motorist has even paid attention to it, and the council seems to have setup suicide ally for the local cyclists.
On top of that the street (until 3 years ago) was one way, but in the opposite direction.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s awful but this is a ”Bloody Cyclist” thread. Thank God the woman was ok.
I like a bit of balance to the cherry-picked examples of cyclists being spanners, so thought some motorists being spanners was in order.

Not a cyclist in sight and motorists still cause mayhem
Here in Aus, pedestrians are supposed to walk on the left side of the road, same way the traffic travels. There's a footpath over there she should have been using rather than walking on the road.

That road also looks badly designed. having gravel next to the road with no guttering is a recipe for disaster and has caused many an accident down here.

Still, these people are a bunch of cnuts.

Last edited:
Here in Aus, pedestrians are supposed to walk on the left side of the road, same way the traffic travels. There's a footpath over there she should have been using rather than walking on the road.

That road also looks badly designed. having gravel next to the road with no guttering is a recipe for disaster and has caused many an accident down here.

All reasonable points, but losing it on a straight road chasing your mates and then running off with your bae’s handbag before checking to see if you’ve killed someone points towards being a cnût as the sole cause.

Edited to add that in the UK, advice is normally to walk facing the traffic.

In the UK it is the opposite, you are supposed to walk facing the traffic.

But good job victim blaming.

Latest Threads