B*****y Cyclists

daz

LE
Whilst I cant support XRs actions, it's interesting to see the outcomes when people start installing their own cycling infrastructure.

I'd be more interested in the Police nicked the scum vandalising public property

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Whilst I cant support XRs actions, it's interesting to see the outcomes when people start installing their own cycling infrastructure.

'Interesting' as in cyclists getting squashed when they believe, erroneously, that they have right of way and cycle in front of an artic?

Not heard anything about the vouchers. Local groups having been pressuring our local labour council to actually start spending the money. The irony of a Tory PM kicking out one of the biggest investments in cycling for years while a labour council opposes it is not lost on me.
It was mentioned on a daily briefing and I thought they said they would be available on June 1st but havent heard anything further.

I'm looking forward to when the French border is opened again, there is a very nice flat route along the Rhine which is about 60 Km or so, a nice day out with a stop for lunch on the west bank of the Rhine.
Got a linky for that Flash ?? . No Mallorca this year sadly so that might fit the bill as n when . Less hills too which makes a nice change

'Interesting' as in cyclists getting squashed when they believe, erroneously, that they have right of way and cycle in front of an artic?
As a long-time cyclist I know you never have right of way over an artic, unless he tells you that you do!

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
As a long-time cyclist I know you never have right of way over an artic, unless he tells you that you do!
As a current cyclist I concur, but my point was that the ER signage could lead to additional squashed cyclists because they think they have sole use of a lane.

As a current cyclist I concur, but my point was that the ER signage could lead to additional squashed cyclists because they think they have sole use of a lane.
Agreed; highly irresponsible behavior that could lead to additional danger for cyclists.

Got a linky for that Flash ?? . No Mallorca this year sadly so that might fit the bill as n when . Less hills too which makes a nice change
Here you go. You can cycle all the way from the source of the Rhine to Rotterdam if you like.

ETA: there are also lots of alternative routes either side of the Rhine. We chose some alternatives when we cycled from Basel to Strasbourg with a bit more variety than sticking to E15.

Last edited:
Well worth a look if you have never sat in the cab of a truck.
The video that plays directly after this one is also worth a watch.

Well worth a look if you have never sat in the cab of a truck.
The video that plays directly after this one is also worth a watch.
C'mon!! Thats just teasing, I was expecting cyclists to go spinning everywhere like bowling pins! SSssttttrrriiiiikkkkeeee!

Is that truck fitted with the now mandatory blind-spot mirrors?
As the vid is from 2014, I should think so.

It is an exaggerated view of the difficulties a driver faces on a truck making a turn. They now have 6 mirrors and possibly a rear view camera to keep an eye on.
No apology from me for posting that video, if you have an issue with it speak to the British Safety Council.

As the vid is from 2014, I should think so.

It is an exaggerated view of the difficulties a driver faces on a truck making a turn. They now have 6 mirrors and possibly a rear view camera to keep an eye on.
No apology from me for posting that video, if you have an issue with it speak to the British Safety Council.
No, no issue at all. I was just curious

Verwaltung

Clanker
And once again I heat up my credit card thanks to a random Arrse post...
Of course a first edition would be lovely, and there is nothing quite like an actual book, but the text is in the public domain:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
As i said on teh cookery thread, I picked up a bike today for 70 quid, needs a bit of work on it, already has new tyres and seat, so that's sorted. Looking at replacing the rear cantilever brake on the back with a hydraulic disc brake, needs a new chain and the gearing tightened or new cables. Frame and paint are in good nick and it'll do to tootle around on until I've got some practice in. Got a 2nd hand turbo trainer set up in the garden for this, so in a few weeks, I'll be able to leave the OH on her tod and toddle off for a few hours. There will be no , that's NO, lycra involved and clip ons will deffo be out especially when it already has half toe clips fitted.

I was shocked for a moment when you said no clips, I thought you meant "bike clips" but reviewing your post I believe you mean those ridiculous clear things. Initially I thought how can a chap cycle with his lionels getting caught in the chain. I have even seen flouescent bike clips for the discerning cyclist

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was shocked for a moment when you said no clips, I thought you meant "bike clips" but reviewing your post I believe you mean those ridiculous clear things. Initially I thought how can a chap cycle with his lionels getting caught in the chain. I have even seen flouescent bike clips for the discerning cyclist
I was refering to these abominations:-
1591143523621.png

Have got these (or something close to them):-
1591143618262.png

Latest Threads