B*****y Cyclists

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Aren't Civics built in Swindon?
at present yes
on an old Wartime Airfield where Spitfires were once turned out !
Nissan Micras have been made in Sunderland since 1992, they also make Cashcows, and Nissan Pukes
Have you ever noticed just how many Old micras are still on the road ? the Geordie Morrris Minor
the first Bluebird was produced there in 1986, they have one in the local museum ( there were a fine motor car), also turned out Almeras, and Primeras,Note , and the wonderful Nissan LEAF, the batteries of which are also produced there
Even Zeppelin are still in business, they make Gearboxes
such as the 9 speed auto box used in many all American Jeep Cherokee
Gearboxes, diffs, axles for most European car makers
plus truck and rail engineering
you could also at one time buy a Tronda a Triumph engined Honda
some of the later Rover cars were Honda powered, and very well done
even Kias are made by Hyundai, who started out as a Subsidiary of Ford
Honda have a European design studio , ergo the Pan European Motorcycle
Scoobys are built in North America as well as Japan
The last of the old type London Cabs the Fairway was powered by a Nissan 2.7 litre diesel engine and matching gearbox
it transformed the vehicle, smooth, powerful and long lasting, unlike the shit land rover engine and BW45 box which vibrated itself to pieces and pissed oil ( owned both)
Toyota have been building the Auris and Avensis and the Corrolla at Burnaston since 1992

Why even my 1961 Morris Oxford was Designed in Italy by Battista Pininfarina ! and the origional Austin A40 Farina came about due to the personal intervention of the Duke of Edinburgh, who is as Ravers mentioned Simply Awesome

clanky

War Hero
I'm a bit of a SAAB enthusiast. I've had 900s and 9-3s. I always laugh when people complain about the 9-3 being 70% GM. 70% of all cars are common platform. You've got to go back to pre 1990 to find a car that isn't.

I'm a bit of a SAAB enthusiast. I've had 900s and 9-3s. I always laugh when people complain about the 9-3 being 70% GM. 70% of all cars are common platform. You've got to go back to pre 1990 to find a car that isn't.

It must be the way you tell 'em...

Didn't make me laugh at all. ;-)

Scooter as in not the mods & rockers type scooter:
View attachment 473616

But as in kids scooter:
View attachment 473617

Except you don't 'scoot' it along, it has an electric engine:
View attachment 473618
Hhhhmmmm needs a car licence:

Hhhhmmmm needs a car licence:
Not cheap either. Get yourself squished for £5k+? Pass.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Not cheap either. Get yourself squished for £5k+? Pass.
I would get one of these
£3,500 on the road, longer range, better brakes and suspension as well

or for around 4 grand a 125 with more range, ABS brakes and a reasonable top speed

I would get one of these
£3,500 on the road, longer range, better brakes and suspension as well

or for around 4 grand a 125 with more range, ABS brakes and a reasonable top speed

£3.5k to get wet when it rains or squished by a wagon? Nah, buy a secondhand motor for the same or less. Don't get wetted or deaded.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
£3.5k to get wet when it rains or squished by a wagon? Nah, buy a secondhand motor for the same or less. Don't get wetted or deaded.
ease of parking, 20 quid road tax , 120 MPG, and unless you are a fat bastard you look uber cool
also in traffic its quicker than most cars, given that most electric cycles will be doing 5 miles or less each way
we have a neighbour drives a 4.5 litre car 3 miles each way to work each day, he thinks he is very important
we all think hes a fat C***

You could even get a (gag) smart car for that.

ease of parking, 20 quid road tax , 120 MPG, and unless you are a fat bastard you look uber cool
also in traffic its quicker than most cars, given that most electric cycles will be doing 5 miles or less each way
we have a neighbour drives a 4.5 litre car 3 miles each way to work each day, he thinks he is very important
we all think hes a fat C***
Nah, I'd rather be dry and alive, if that's all the same? My Kia Karens is £30 road tax.

Edit:

At the current rate of usage, I'm doing about 6-7 weeks per tank of diesel. ;)

clanky

War Hero
Never admit to owning a car with a womans name. But it proves my point that the most vociferous anti cyclist drivers always drive tragically shit cars.

Never admit to owning a car with a womans name. But it proves my point that the most vociferous anti cyclist drivers always drive tragically shit cars.
Fuck all wrong with my motor, best one I've ever owned.

Not sure why the motorist stopped but amusing towards the end:

On my way home from work this afternoon there were 5 cyclists who I stopped to let past me on the pavement.

The 2 adult men didn't say a word, the 3 small girls said 'Thanks'. There does seem to be a correlation between being over 40, male and behaving like an antisocial twat while cycling.

If you're a helmet then wear a helmet:

aardvark64

War Hero
Rule 144? That's the one I added as it was more relevant than the two originally suggested - as an aside, the law quoted in Rule 147 is not a Road Traffic Law, it's the Environmental Protection Act 1990
Since it's the NAAFi, Rule 34 also applies.

If you're a helmet then wear a helmet:
I don't see what the bloke has done to deserve being called a helmet there. The oncoming cyclists are on the right, the first one keeps going on the right so the 'helmet' moves over to the left as the second oncoming cyclist parks herself across the cyclepath looking bit.

I don't see what the bloke has done to deserve being called a helmet there. The oncoming cyclists are on the right, the first one keeps going on the right so the 'helmet' moves over to the left as the second oncoming cyclist parks herself across the cyclepath looking bit.
For a mixed use path, they (the guy who crashed and the guy with camera) were going a lot faster than I would be comfortable cycling.

Latest Threads