B*stard Hill

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Benny687, Oct 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been out for a bimble and got thinking...

I was half way up my Bastard Hill, Ive always called it this. 250m of leg burning, lungs heaving and dodging buses. Its real name is Whitecote Hill.
    I make a point of saving it to the end of my route just to properly radge myself up.

Anyone else got their own B*stard Hill?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Every one starting with Hospital Hill at Shornecliffe and moving through the cattery hill at Shakespeares cliff onto sleepers hill in Winchester.

3. No....but I do have a b'stard beer fridge :)

4. I've got one of those. Its fucking horrific, but I psyche myself up to beat the bastard on the way back in!

5. Same here. Its twat when your half way up and the next lamp post doesnt seem to be getting any closer, but worth it when your at the top!

6. I live on top of one, so every run ends in pain (he said, being very melodramatic and American about it). At lest the first half-mile is always downhill, to get me warmed up...

7. I too used to live on a hill, guaranteed painful finish, good for the adrenalin though.
    Now I live by a lake in the foothills of the Pyrenees, Everywhere around here is a bloody steep hill!
    250m? That's the warm-up, I've got runs of 30min+ (only climbing) round here. Mind I can always run round the lake if I want flat.

Once had a few days in Andorra, nowhere I found with more than 200m level. Did a 6km climb from behind the hotel a couple of times, now that was a b+stard, or cabron as they say here, -dogs hated me for that.

8. Is that the one near Kirkstall?

9. Aye, not far from Kirkstall.