B&Q - not the forces friend

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the latest edition of Private Eye following a spate of bombings by CIRA/RIRA (can't remember which) B&Q has publically stated that it does not sell and has no dealings with the armed forces.

Result the last incident saw Homebase being blown up and B&Q untouched.

I can't post the link as the Private Eye website doesn't put all the latest edition on it and as I have left my copy at home - above is the broad brush only.

I am planning to e-mail B&Q to see what they have to say about this - any other takers?
  2. I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that I do not buy anything from, and have no dealings with, B&Q.

It sells sh*t.
  3. So issue a press release saying that the Armed Forces love B&Q and we all use the government procurement cards there whenever we can.

Should balance things out nicely.
  4. I wouldn't bother your hole. The fuckers have taken 2 years to replace my faulty kitchen (and it's still not right) after numerous emails, letters & a solicitors letter. No compensation either.

They don't care about any customers.