B*LLOCKS TO BLAIR - YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR READING THIS

Fifth_Columnist said:
I will drop an e-mail to Splash Clothing tomorrow to suggest that he lays in a stock of stickers for the Romsey Game Fair, just the right size to cover up the 'OLLOCK' part of the shirts saying something along the lines of: "CENSORED BY BLAIR'S THOUGHT POLICE". If he sells them for a couple of pounds, we can all buy them and if any of us are ordered to cover up our shirts, we can simply stick on the sticker which is clearly not offensive.

It's just a thought, and I appreciate that my suggested wording is not as bitingly satirical as it could be. Has anyone got a better suggestion before I send them the idea?
I don't know if this is just me with my ex-rower's head on and a ryhming distionary to hand, but do you think "ROWLOCKS TO BLAIR" would do the trick?

I'm with the editorial in The Field this month - when in doubt, laugh them to extinction...

Yours with three lurchers on a slip lead,

Come on ARRSErs, I asked for some bitingly satirical suggestions for a sticker to cover the 'Boll*cks to Blair' slogan on our shirts if threatened with arrest, and only the Born Hunter has come up with a suggestion. Sort your lives out and give me some ideas.

Secondly, whose going to the Romsey Game Fair? They can't arrest us all!

I might have to buy an ARRSE belt or watch strap for identification purposes...

Fifth_Columnist said:
Come on ARRSErs, I asked for some bitingly satirical suggestions for a sticker to cover the 'Boll*cks to Blair' slogan on our shirts if threatened with arrest, and only the Born Hunter has come up with a suggestion. Sort your lives out and give me some ideas.

Secondly, whose going to the Romsey Game Fair? They can't arrest us all!

I might have to buy an ARRSE belt or watch strap for identification purposes...
Ok How about

"Bowlots to Blair"

I'm saddened to say that I wore my (uncensored, 3" across, bright red and ignore-it-if-you-can) B to B badge to the local agri show this afternoon and all I got was "nice badge, where can I get one" remarks from all and sundry. Did my level best for eye contact with every policeman in the place (dear God, when did they come to look so young? And do they really need to be in more body armour than a Rifleman in Al Amarah?!), but even they wouldn't acknowledge it.
I'd love to say that the battle appears to have been won (or at least dodged by the dodgers in power), but the truth is I was rather looking forward to being arrested yet again :D
Hey ho - see you all in Romsey for the Game Fair...
Yours unbloodied, but wilfilly refusing to bow.

Fifth_Columnist said:
Isn't it time Tony re-organised the Cabinet again to give us a Minister for Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda
Isn't that what Alister Campbell's job is? For spin doctors read Department for Propaganda.

A good smattering of B*ll*cks to Blair T shirts and hats at Romsey today, but not as many as expected. Still, it didn't look as though Hampshire Constabulary were in the least bit interested in my hat...

Splash have released a new one, with 'Lend us a tenner' on the front and then the back says '...and we'll give you a peerage'.

Did anyone have trouble with shirts at the Gamefair? I don't think I saw a single person there who would have been in the least bit offended by the sentiment.

Walking past my local Virgin record shop yesterday, they had a poster in the window advertising a new album, "B*ll*cks to Cancer" (without the asterisks). Although I agree with the sentiment and I hope it makes a lot of money for whatever anti-cancer charity it is for, the mischievous side of me wants me to lodge a formal complaint with Her Majesty's constabulary that I find the word offensive. It would be a fantastic test case, with the Government either having to admit that the arrests of those wearing 'B*ll*cks to Blair' t-shirts were politically motivated or come across as fantastically churlish anti-charity miseries. What do you reckon? Should I do it?

Oh most definately!

I would most certainly go out of my way to be offended!

In any event, the result would at least publicise the anti-cancer charity's cause so they could not complain now could they!

After all, that nasty tasteless man who displayed two 'Gollies' in his shop window was paid a visit by the Police and forced to remove them from display because they caused 'offence' :twisted:

Yours sincerely
'Disgusted' from Cheadle Hulme