B*LLOCKS TO BLAIR - YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR READING THIS

chimera

LE
The officers obviously don't know about the Sex Pistols, winning a court case about their album 'Never Mind the Bol-locks'

It was proven, that it is an old saxon word or something :p

edited 'cos of that damned sensor :evil:

spike7451 said:
Maybe a picture of a horses arrse with bLairs face on it would be more apt?
just his face after you have skinned it off his skull...................now there is a nice thought......feckin cnut.

U

uncle_ho

Bol locks also Ballocks
mid 18th century, German origin.

Vulgar Slang for the testicles.
also nonsens,rubbish(used to express contempt or disagreement,or as and exclamation of annoyance)

From the OED.

To add to my above post:

A week after its release, a policewoman spotted a window display in a record shop which consisted of a dozen Sex Pistols posters and album covers, all with the "B" word prominently displayed.

She marched into the shop, ordered the display to be dismantled and arrested the manager, who was charged under the Indecent Advertising Act.

The case, heard in the central city of Nottingham later that month, revolved around the alleged indecency of the word bollocks — British slang for testicles.

The decisive evidence came from James Kingsley, a professor of English at Nottingham University and a former priest, who successfully argued that the word was accepted slang and had been in use for centuries.

He explained that a bollock was an Anglo-Saxon word meaning "small ball." Bollocks was also 18th century slang for clergymen, owing to their reputation for talking nonsense, or, in common parlance, a load of old balls.

Kingsley won the day, the shop manager was acquitted and the Pistols' notoriety was assured.

So I think she could now sue for unlawful arrest or something :twisted:

The sentiment of 'Bollocks To Blair' may reflect how many people feel but I agree this woman should have been apprehended. She is 20 and should be setting an example to minors, a tee-shirt with this description is deplorable. If standards have dropped to these depths of social responsibility then who will be left to set the correct example to children? Unless of course we are naive to beleive that children will not be affected by such slogans. That is why we have censorship.

doomandgloom said:
She is 20 and should be setting an example to miners, a tee-shirt with this description is deplorable.
No, deplorable would have been a T-shirt bearing the slogan Bliar is a Cnut - though (as it is technically correct) it probably would have stood in court. Anyhow, the word Beaulocks means 'beautiful hair' in French... probably. And have you heard the filth that miners come out with these days?

Detail of the case where 'Bol**cks' was proved to be not offensive on the forum below:

FUME in the Forum

It is in the 'Democracy and Freedom of Speech' forum - I couldn't work out how to link directly to the page. I have also sent the link to Splash Clothing who are the people who made the original shirts, suggesting that they let their retailers know in case one of them has the time, energy and money to take a test case forward.

If we all buy them, they can't arrest everyone. I've ordered mine:

Splash Clothing

As you say, Stalinist Britain is alive and well, and it is a serious concern that the Police have managed to slip so easily from being the defenders of the people to defenders of the state apparatus.

So you can stand in london waving banners calling for the bombing and beheading of innocent britons and not a thing is done, but a young girl dares to wear a t-shirt saying bollocks to blair and she is arrested, Fcuk me i've had enough of this im away to get a t-shirt saying "behead blair" Then cover my skin with dark tan boot polish, should be safe from prosecution then

vandyke said:
So you can stand in london waving banners calling for the bombing and beheading of innocent britons and not a think is done, but a young girl dares to wear a t-shirt saying balls to blair and she is arrested, Fcuk me i've had enough of this im away to get a t-shirt saying "behead blair" Then cover my skin with dark tan boot polish, should be safe from prosecution then
cynical are we :?: :?: :?: :?:

mind you i am in total agreement :D :D :D :D

Isn't it time Tony re-organised the Cabinet again to give us a Minister for Popular Enlightenment and Propaganda (my money would be on Mandelson as an ideal candidate), then we could start the Book Burnings in Parliament Square?

Who was it who said "trust is good, control is better" - you can be damn sure he wasn't British

Hrmmmm. I wonder if I could get arrested for wearing a t-shirt "B-ollocks to Howard"? Perhaps see how many ARRSErs can be virtually arrested for having "B-ollocks to Blair" as their avatar.

I also wonder at the fair and just application of the law to this girl only and not the others displaying the same slogan. Did her "display" of the slogan catch the eye of the officers moreso than say a giant banner? Did they get her number before they released her? Thank heavens she did not remove the offending article of clothing and commit an even bigger crime.

I hadn't actually twigged that the reference on the leading post was to a Game Fair that took place late last year, I thought it was referring to the Royal Norfolk Show (last week). Because yes, Blair's Praetorian Guard are still hounding those who wish to express the perfectly valid sentiment of 'B*ll*cks to Blair'. The report in the paper yesterday was:

"A clothing firm director has been fined for displaying shirts bearing an anti-Tony Blair slogan. Tony Wright, 60, was one of two stall holders at the Royal Norfolk Show given £80 fixed penalty notices over clothing with "B*llocks to Blair" on them. Police said that the £35 shirts were distressing visitors"

Two issues: firstly, this infringement of free speech is continuing (a woman in London was ordered to put a jacket on over hers in London a couple of months ago by a couple of Metropolitan blackshirts, I'll try and find the report) and secondly, I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone who goes to the Royal Norfolk Show could possibly be distressd by the shirts.

I wonder what the Politzei's stance would be if the shirts simply read Bliar is a ****? That's hardly offensive is it, though the implication is - and that's where the small print comes in. I wonder what the small print says?

It'd almost be worth getting it tattooed on your back: "Right then sonny. Take that shirt off or we'll nick ya. Erm...."