B-liar to be our ambassador in the Middle East and Africa

Read this Article

Telegraph 04/05/07:Tony Blair is to become a roving ambassador in Africa and the Middle East when he leaves Downing Street in an attempt to rebuild his tarnished reputation.
Well that’s the UKs (if it survives) reputation gone down the pan if he is allowed to act as an ambassador. We will either be at war with everyone at the same time or be invaded by hordes of immigrants given special leave because he's been there and seen their plight.

IMHO of course.

JJ

halo_jones said:
theres always hoping that his office could be in the green zone?
Outside would be better :twisted:

I'm sure he'd be up for a stay in Iran. He's not one to turn down freebies, so a shiny suit and a goody-bag will be right up his alley. If he takes the WMF they might do the world a favour and make her wear a burkha! :twisted:

BB51

Old-Salt
Trevelez said:
"Mr Blair has also agreed to a request from President George W Bush"

There's a surprise
What was the request - to bend over and take it up the ARRSE from him one more time.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
He's doing a great job of being an ambassador already. For the ME that is.

Odd this. Why does Bliar have to have a "Gang of Four" on hand to "develop" a new challenge for him? Can he not think for himself at all?

And who is this "Gang of Four":

Baroness Morgan, a Bliarite Arslikhan peer.

Charles Dunstone, the founder of Carphone Warehouse and another Bliarite arrselicker.

Russell Chambers, "an investment banker who has taken holidays with the Blair family" and I'm sure he was suitably grateful.

Oh, and Roland Rudd, "one of the leading public relations figures in the City" - well, I quote this from the Observer of January 2004 from an article about university funding:

"Roland Rudd's financial PR firm Finsbury is receiving taxpayers' money as part of a lucrative contract with university vice-chancellors to sell the PM's plans. The move has sparked outrage among MPs, who claim the deal is an 'abuse' of public money and proof of a 'scandalous' collusion between universities and the Government to twist the arms of rebel backbenchers.."

He wants to improve his image and leave a sparkling legacy? And yet he relies on this utter shower to tell him what to do?

God help Africa and the Middle East.

Rant over.

Im just hoping that some bunch of fundamentalist Muslims get hold of him and demand a huge ransome. We all know Brown wont pay!

He really really has an over-inflated opinion of his self-worth. He would be an unmitigated disaster as an Ambassador.
Christ , he'd even make Condoleeza Rice look like she was at the top of her game.This really can't be allowed to happen.

I can only presume even Carlyle don't want him?

Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, “I like to see accountants on my operating table
because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered.”

The second responds, “Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything
inside them is colour coded.”

The third surgeon says, “No, I really think librarians are the best;
everything inside them is in alphabetical order.”

The fourth surgeon chimes in: “You know, I like builders, those
guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would.”

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed “You’re all wrong,
politicians are the easiest to operate on.”
“There’s no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains and no spine, and the head
and arse are interchangeable.”

I always thought that British Ambassadors were civil servants, not political appointees.

msr

*cough* Lord Levy *cough*

Another odd thing. There he is, in all his majesty, being told what to do by the "Gang of Four" and George W Bush.

2008 will bring a new administration in the US, likely to be somewhat sceptical of the contribution of Western governments such as Bliars' to both peace in the Middle East and prosperity in Africa.

Be honest. He's not a good choice of candidate for the job.

(edited for appalling spelling)

The important question is who's going to pay for this? His MP's pension won't cover the £4m odd worth of mortgage debt he has to furnish. Is he going to draw a salary from his Foundation? That's the one question that has not been asked.

So a phone salesman, banker, PR spinmerchant and a buddy of Blair got together for a jolly old dinner washed down 800quid bottles of wine and hatched up this plan to inflict Blair on the middle east and africa as an ambassador. As if they hadnt suffered enough. Strikes me that there is still a clique that refuses to get the idea that 99% of the world hates his guts. And that most of the country is finally coming round to the idea that he's achieved very few of his grand promises over the last ten years. This sounds like a self-important plan that if it comes off will be a big pot of cash wasted on Blair posturing. If he wants to make a difference he should just sign up for operation raleigh and go and build a school somewhere in Mali. Or better Darfur. Get his hand dirty for a change rather than lecturing and grandstanding.

And also, this 100k dollars for a lecture? WTF? I was under the impression that he loves the sound of his own voice so much he'd happily pay for people to listen to him once he has lost his throne. Those yanks aren't as good at haggling the price down as they used to be.

R

Reversionary_Modes

King_of_the_Burpas said:
Odd this. Why does Bliar have to have a "Gang of Four" on hand to "develop" a new challenge for him? Can he not think for himself at all?
Nope. Phoney Tony is a man who has consistently shown a lack of capacity for original thought. If this comes off, it will be a logical step in the career of a consumate showboater.

Apparently, the 'Gang of Four' feel he should reestablish his reputation prior to earning money (PT wants to join the lucrative lecture circuit).

And the "challenge"? It must be to b0llix up as many more lives as possible before finally leaving the stage.

The realy sad thing is that if he hadn't have sat on W's lap all this time his legacy might have been the start of a lasting peace in Northen Ireland. What a note in history that would have been, and he would be accepted nearly everywere as a broker of peace.

As it is he shall be judged by history as a slightly pathetic fawning lapdog for a US President, who tried his best to destroy as many countries as possable, including his own.

Well, I guess we all feel like saying "If I can't have her, then no-one can." sometimes.

Latest Threads