B-liar to be our ambassador in the Middle East and Africa

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnojohnson, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Read this Article

Well that’s the UKs (if it survives) reputation gone down the pan if he is allowed to act as an ambassador. We will either be at war with everyone at the same time or be invaded by hordes of immigrants given special leave because he's been there and seen their plight.

IMHO of course.

JJ

2. theres always hoping that his office could be in the green zone?

3. Outside would be better :twisted:

4. "Mr Blair has also agreed to a request from President George W Bush"

There's a surprise

5. I'm sure he'd be up for a stay in Iran. He's not one to turn down freebies, so a shiny suit and a goody-bag will be right up his alley. If he takes the WMF they might do the world a favour and make her wear a burkha! :twisted:

6. What was the request - to bend over and take it up the ARRSE from him one more time.

7. Without a doubt

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's doing a great job of being an ambassador already. For the ME that is.

9. Odd this. Why does Bliar have to have a "Gang of Four" on hand to "develop" a new challenge for him? Can he not think for himself at all?

And who is this "Gang of Four":

Baroness Morgan, a Bliarite Arslikhan peer.

Charles Dunstone, the founder of Carphone Warehouse and another Bliarite arrselicker.

Russell Chambers, "an investment banker who has taken holidays with the Blair family" and I'm sure he was suitably grateful.

Oh, and Roland Rudd, "one of the leading public relations figures in the City" - well, I quote this from the Observer of January 2004 from an article about university funding:

"Roland Rudd's financial PR firm Finsbury is receiving taxpayers' money as part of a lucrative contract with university vice-chancellors to sell the PM's plans. The move has sparked outrage among MPs, who claim the deal is an 'abuse' of public money and proof of a 'scandalous' collusion between universities and the Government to twist the arms of rebel backbenchers.."

He wants to improve his image and leave a sparkling legacy? And yet he relies on this utter shower to tell him what to do?

God help Africa and the Middle East.

Rant over.

10. Im just hoping that some bunch of fundamentalist Muslims get hold of him and demand a huge ransome. We all know Brown wont pay!

11. He really really has an over-inflated opinion of his self-worth. He would be an unmitigated disaster as an Ambassador.
    Christ , he'd even make Condoleeza Rice look like she was at the top of her game.This really can't be allowed to happen.

I can only presume even Carlyle don't want him?

12. Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, “I like to see accountants on my operating table
    because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered.”

The second responds, “Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything
    inside them is colour coded.”

The third surgeon says, “No, I really think librarians are the best;
    everything inside them is in alphabetical order.”

The fourth surgeon chimes in: “You know, I like builders, those
    guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would.”

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed “You’re all wrong,
    politicians are the easiest to operate on.”
    “There’s no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains and no spine, and the head
    and arse are interchangeable.”

13. msr

msr LE

I always thought that British Ambassadors were civil servants, not political appointees.

msr

14. *cough* Lord Levy *cough*

15. That was before Bliar and his 'special' prefix for any role he wants to make a political one...