B.I.T./D.I.T. = N.V.Q.?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Detmolderstrasse, Dec 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The best place to settle an argument to this one, must be here in the Trg Wing.

I was always led to beleive that there are Units gained on the old style B.I.T. course that go towards an N.V.Q. 3 in Training or similar? (I don't know if the same applies to the newer pink 'n' fluffy D.I.T. course?)

One of my colleagues thinks differently.

Am I right, or am I talking out of my ARRSE? :tp:
  2. Whilst you the more knowledgeable ones fight it out are there any "Grandfather Rights" as far as DITS/BITS goes.

Have done several instructional courses (PTI, JMQC,MPC(A) to mention but a few) and really don't want to spend a week presenting on "Sex life of a golf ball" just to satisfy the system.
  3. Don't get me started on BIT courses, one bloody week and they think they can instruct, how pished off am I after attending several much longer and harder courses to get critiqued by a one week wonder "ooh you should use Powerpoint as an aid not to run the lesson" no shit sherlock, but its regimental policy to use these lessons in these formats plank

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
  4. DIT counts as credits to NVQ as far as i am aware. You have to get some certificate of attendance or something to send of to the NVQ assessment centre.

DITS/BITS is the basic end of the system, Quals like SAA Instr, etc, all superceed it (well, according to SASC at any rate).

5. yes it does you have to see the staff when yhou do the course
  6. Thank you for the varied & somewhat interesting replies.

Maybe I should have explained a little clearer upon opening the post.

I have NOT just done a BIT or DIT course. 8O A colleague had just read out the course outline for the new fluffy DIT course.

Plan and conduct both theory and practical lessons.
    Prepare instructional rooms.
    Prepare training aids
    Select and adapt appropriate teaching methods and materials to reflect the subject and the level of the class.

I then mentioned to my colleague that it would probably give the students who pass the course 'X' amount of credits towards an NVQ 3 in training or instruction.

My colleague disagreed, hence the post.

My own personal opinion on BITS/DITS = A Mickey Mouse qual that any nugget could pass.
  7. There is an NVQ qual attached to the BIT/DIT/MOI course, did mine with a load of O/Cdts. They all got a proper civvie qual out of it....I couldn't be arrsed parting with the doh.
  8. During the DIT course students will be offered the opportunity of working towards an NVQ Level 3 in Training Development (2 Units towards the NVQ can be achieved on the DIT course).

Students may also qualify for the BTEC Advanced Certificate in Presentation and Demonstration Techniques.

I hope this clarifies the DIT issue....................I'm not too sure about civ quals for the BIT course though?

Edgey :wink: