[b]Farp Comd Needs Help[/b]

Hi all
I have only just found out about this site and need HELP. I am a WO2 in the ACC and have been commissioned into the AAC as a FARP Comd with 3 Regt AAC and I need all the info about the CSE and the role of a Farp Comd. Until last week I was under the impression that a farp was part of a cake mix, after nearly 20 years as a chef I will need help with this new role. But do remember that some of you will be under my Comd in the next year

Thanks
TSB

T-S-B said:
{snippety anip}I was under the impression that a farp was part of a cake mix, after nearly 20 years as a chef I will need help with this new role. But do remember that some of you will be under my Comd in the next year

Thanks
TSB
Can anybody else smell something? And I don't mean the usual stench of good food being converted into bland dross :lol: :lol:

SOPs for a FARP Commander - Locate FARP 2IC (lance jack or full screw), give him or her grid ref for FARP and tell them to set up FARP and wait for cabs. Then retire to CP for brew, bickies and thrap mags.

Good lord if we are to believe that bull then it’s all been for nothing!

There is no way in a month of Sundays you have been commissioned into my Corps without knowing the first thing about a FARP.

If the above statement is incorrect then shoot me now.

Sir, I do not believe a word you say, Quote “I have only just found out about this site” was the first clue.

And as it is unlikely that I will serve in your FARP and please don’t take this the wrong way but thank fu*k.

Please visit said Regt or indeed the experts at SAAvn and ask you will get all the expert advice you seek and may meet some of the exceptional men who have worked long and hard, and are proud to ware the Blue berry.

Best regards wiggly.

He can't be posted to 3 Regt as they only except ex woodentops to prepare the Corps for the 50th and public duties. I'm sure the guys at SAAvn could do with another good laugh, especially as the last LE to do all the AH courses still hasn't worked it out (don't go near the Trg wing, you might end up doing drill).

I have to say he can't be as bad as a certain FARP Comd in three who was getting all excited about the regt ex, as he hadn't refuelled a helicopter before. Oh by the way he was exinfantry, and a gwah. and was known by the name that sounded like whinger

wiggly amp, prepare for the firing squad mate, the last farp commander i had in germany was ex reme asm who spent his days slagging off the aac. imagine our surprise when he got commisioned and got farp commander. didnt have an igloo. got the big f*ck off tablet when he tried to tell the lads how to run a farp, got even better when we found out how much he knew about signals.

Sounds quite like the bloke they have at 9 I knew him as an ASM and he was a great bloke. Duty rumour now is that he is a total twat. A complete cnut to the lads.

Unfortunately we (the AAC) are getting alot of LE officers posted in from outside the corps!! :evil: So are ok and willing to listen to the lads (as all officers should)!!

But there is an increasing trend in LE ex woodentops!!! Who are not used to their guys knowing what they are talking about at quite a junior level i.e class one groundcrewman is an LPC.

having been with one on exercise and considering he had just come off an hhi course, you can imagine the brew sprewing forth from my my when not 2 metres away he briefs the CO of an inf bn that crossed vehicle headlights involve four tonners and have the lights on in the direction that the wind is blowing, not into it!!!!
:evil:

Had a quick chat!!!! :D

This whole subject I posted on a few weeks back "LE officers within our Corps" We are digging such a big whole it's untrue, what is wrong with allowing our own experienced warrant officers in to do these posts? We all know that many have been refused!!?? Let the LE's bump thier pensions up in the QM's or other unrelated jobs. With the introduction of AH we need experienced officers, It's common sense if an Officer commands respect through knowledge he will have a 110% from his men.

Whinge Ends :oops:

T-S-B said:
Hi all
I have only just found out about this site and need HELP. I am a WO2 in the ACC and have been commissioned into the AAC as a FARP Comd with 3 Regt AAC and I need all the info about the CSE and the role of a Farp Comd. Until last week I was under the impression that a farp was part of a cake mix, after nearly 20 years as a chef I will need help with this new role. But do remember that some of you will be under my Comd in the next year

Thanks
TSB
Sound like you'll go far and have the full and total support of all your men.

Knobhead

TSB wrote ' but remember some of you will be under my command soon!'

By fcuk i hope not and if you know who i am, then well stand by for fun and games, unless of course this is a wind up!! :lol:

If not you are a cnut!! :evil:

Chaps, I stand by my previous observation.....waaahhhh??? This is sooo clearly a wind up in responce to several threads here in Avn. Good grief, I thought the Corps was good at spotting a wind up!!

T-S-B, your post started off well with a request for help. However, it degenarated into an indication that you may have an attitude problem. Exactly what did you mean when you 'reminded them that they would be under your command next year'? That could be construed as a veiled threat of some sort.

Seems to me that what you need to do is to go to your SNCOs and discuss the FARP concept with them, even getting down to the fine detail of setting up and running the unit - with you doing most of the listening. This is what I did before the first one I ran, and I learned a vast amount in a very short space of time.

I have since run many DOBs and FARPs, and frankly the best team is run by the SNCOs, where you as the Boss stand back and give them top cover and decisions when needed.

Whatever happens, it is your responsibility to provide the service for the crews to allow them to achieve their task - and it will be your loss (career-wise) if you don't get your team working with you.

My God Fullwit you sound like a real sound geezer, letting the Seniors get on with it, wonders shall never cease. This must mean that you are true blue then, cos if you were an ex REME then you would seriosly want to fcuk it up with high brow ideas on how to run a farp.

Nah! I'm just a lazy old sod - answering questions and making decisions knackers me!

I don't think I need to show how clever and smart I am by standing around barking and making a pigs ear of the whole thing. I've been around for a bit and learned [by listening] that you earn the respect of the troops by giving authority to the right rank level and not interfering unless it looks like something is about to go pear shaped. Especially if you've never done that bit before and you are standing next to someone who has - lots of times. Let him get on with it and watch how it's done - and after a few times, if you can see ways to improve things, discuss with the seniors and make changes with their agreement. In the civi world it's called Change Management, and it's one of the most effectives ways of demonstrating true leadership. Demanding instant obedience without question is for the scenario where you are under enemy fire and you don't have time [or lives] to stand about debating the issue.

Any woopert who hasn't got that message should be invited have a short sharp chat round the back of a bicycle shed with a very senior senior. And if he is too much of a prig to take the advice, then he deserves to fall flat on his face and made to look a choice pratt in front of the troops.

You've seen them; you've seen it happen; and it will continue to happen. But then you get a fantastic guy like Tim Collins, whose troops would follow him to the ends of the earth - no doubt he went through the process described in the last para [at least the chat bit - he obviously didn't stand on his laurels and instead took the advice].

A woopert who is prepared to listen to someone who knows [WHATEVER THE RANK] won't be a woopert for long - he will gain the respect of his troops very quickly.

Phew! Here endeth the lesson! Perhaps a woopert out there will recognise sound advice...?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
evilone Officers 38
evilone RLC 7
lynxeffectLOL! Aviation 35