B.F.P.O. numbers and where they are

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bugsy, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, so Mods please relocate accordingly!

A moderate to large brush-fire has broken out among us (me and a few ex-Army comrades) about the B.F.P.O. number of Aden when it was in the British sphere of influence.
    I maintain that the B.F.P.O. number was in the 600s (607 or 667, if memory serves), while other say it was completely different.
    There are various guesses going on. One of them is B.F.P.O 108 (wasn't that Hong Kong? Or was that 508?), and another was 36 (I'm pretty sure that was/is Osnabrück, Germany, but I may be wrong).
    The point is, comrades, that there's a lotta dosh riding on this, since everyone's decided to put their bread where their gob is (I'm in for a 50-spot).
    So is there some sort of official page where all the B.F.P.O. numbers are listed with their locations?
    If not, can any old squaddies verify the B.F.P.O number of Aden (or the Aden Protecorate)?

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. 666 was Adens BFPO defiantly I remember it like its was only yesterday
  4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

5. sure you dont mean Falkland Islands was BFPO 666!.
  6. Yes BFPO 666 was the Falkland Islands post (HAR HAR) 90
  7. Greengrass was there. The first time round.
  8. Hong Kong was BFPO 1
  9. I appreciate your contribution, oldbaldy, I really do! Hoewever, it's not all there (or here). There are big bits missing, believe me. :D :D :D :D :D
    Any old Aden wallahs out there?

10. A quick look on google brings up BFPO 69 for Aden.
  11. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Aden BFPO 69
    Bahrein BFPO 63
    Sharjah BFPO 64 (remember it well)

I'm sure folks will remember more
  12. Bunde - BFPO 46
  13. Verden - BFPO 32
  14. Falklands is BFPO 655
  15. IIRC the BFPO number for Op Corporate was 666 - which gave the Padres a mild turn!